Researcher ID: V-7010-2018
Scopus Author ID: 37118927200
РИНЦ SPIN: 8331-2818, AuthorID: 105432
D.Sc. in philosophy (1985).
Fields of research
philosophy of science, philosophy and methodology of physics the objectivity of knowledge
- RHF (2014-2016) "The problem of ontology in contemporary physical knowledge" (I);
- RHF (2011-2013) "The problem of reality in modern science and technology" (H);
- RHF (2008-2010) "Modern Cosmology and Philosophy" (I);
- RHF (2007-2009) "Modern technologies: the philosophical and methodological problems" (I);
- RHF (2005-2007) "The future of fundamental science. Conceptual, philosophical and social aspects of the problem "(H).
- Course of Lectures on the Philosophy of Natural Science in GAUGN, Faculty of Philosophy.
- Course of Lectures on the Philosophy of Natural Science for graduate students in Institute by Griboyedov
- Course of Lectures on the Philosophy of Natural Science in GAUGN for bacalavers.
- The problem of theory choice. Moscow: Nauka, 1975;
- The problems of sociocultural determination of scientific knowledge. Moscow: Nauka, 1978;
- The principle of simplicity and the mearges of complexity (with coauthors). Moscow: Nauka, 1990;
- Objectivity of science and relativism (To the discussion in contemporary epistemology). Moscow: 2004;
- Images of science in modern culture. Moscow: "The Canon +", 2008;
- Mamchur E.A. Polemical conversation on the conception of internal truth (together with A.A. Paramonov) // Vox. 2020. No. 30. P. 68-97.
- Mamchur E.A. On Heidegger's criticism of modern natural science // Philosophical school. 2019. No. 4. P. 10-19.
- Mamchur E.A. Is there in contemporary scientific cognition baconian «experimentum crucis»? // Vox. 2019. Issue 26. P. 141-153.
- Mamchur E.A. Epistemological turn in modern natural science and Einstein's philosophy // The Digital Philosopher. 2019. No. 4. P. 103-114.
- Mamchur E.A. On the question of the paradox of time: the theoretical-cognitive aspect of the problem // Vox. Philos. journals 2018. № 24 [Electronic resource]. DOI: 10.24411 / 2077-6608-2017-00047
- Mamchur E.A. Human-related factors in the development of natural sciences // Digital-Scholar: laboratory of a philosopher. 2018. № 2.
- Mamchur E.A. How to analyze the social dimensions of knowledge // Epistemology today. Ideas, problems, discussions. Monograph / Ed. I.T. Kasavin and N.N. Voronina. Nizhny Novgorod, 2018. P. 373-384.
- Mamchur E.A. What is relativism in the natural sciences? Translation of an article by E.A. Mamchur into Chinese Wang Yang Jun / Chinese Social Science Paper / Social Sciences Today. 07/17/2018 叶莲娜 · 阿尔卡契耶 芙娜 ·. 什么 是 知识 论 相对 主义. 国 中国 社会 科学 报, 2018-7-17, 第 1 版 [Electronic resource]
- Mamchur E.A. How to analyze the social dimensions of knowledge? // Epistemology today: Ideas, problems, discussions / Under. Red Correspondent of the Academy of Sciences Voronina N.N. Publishing house of Nizhny Novgorod University. N.N. Lobachevsky, 2018. p. 373-384.
- Mamchur E.A. The problem of time: between science and metaphysics // Philosophical School. 2018. No. 6. P. 14-21.
- Mamchur Elena. The Destiny of Atomism in Modern Science and the Structural Realism. 2017. Vol. 31. P. 93–104. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02691728.2016.1227396.
- Mamchur E.A. Unobserved essences of modern physics: social constructs or real objects? // Epistemology & Philosophy of Science / Epistemology and philosophy of science. 2017. V. 51. No. 1. P. 106-123. DOI: 10.5840 / eps201751113.
- Mamchur E.A. What does it mean to know? (Rec. On the book: NF Ovchinnikov. The search for understanding. Selected works on the history and philosophy of science. M .: From “New Chronograph”, 2016. 651 p.) // Epistemology & Philosophy of Science / Epistemology and philosophy of science. 2017. V. 54. № 4. C. 225-234. DOI: 10.5840 / eps201751113.
- Mamchur Elena. Aristotle’s Notion of “Place” in the Context of Present-day Physics // International Studies in the Philosophy of Science. 2017. V. 30. № 4.
- Mamchur. E.A. A “Realistic Turn” in Modern Epistemology, Philosophy of Consciousness and Philosophy of Science? The materials of the “round table” (participants: D.I. Dubrovsky, D.V. Ivanov, A.S. Karpenko, G.D. Levin, V.A. Lektorsky, E.A. Mamchur, S.V. Pirozhkova, B. I. Pruzhinin, A. V. Rodin, N. M. Smirnova, E. O. Trufanova, E. L. Chertkova) // Vopr. philosophy. 2017. No. 1. P. 5-38.
- Mamchur E.A. (co-authored with S. Neretina). Searches for authenticity (Ret. On the book. NF Ovchinnikov. Search for understanding. Selected works on the history and philosophy of science. M .: From “New Chronograph”, 2016. 651 p.) // Vox: Philos. journals 2017. № 22 [Electronic resource].
- Mamchur E.A. Unobservable entities of the microworld as objects of quantum mechanics // Bulletin of the Voronezh University. 2017. No. 3. P. 84-98.
- Mamchur E.A. Revolutions and traditions in science // Vox: Philos. journals 2017. № 23 [Electronic resource].
- Mamchur E.A. Empirical substantiation of theories as a value of knowledge // Value foundations of scientific knowledge / Ed. G.L. Belkin; Edited by M.I. Frolov. M .: LENAND, 2017. P. 57-64.
- Mamchur E.A. Aristotelian topos and modern physics // Aristotelian heritage as a constituent element of European rationality. Materials of the Moscow International Conference on Aristotle. Institute of Philosophy, Russian Academy of Sciences, October 17 - 19, 2016 / Ed. ed. V.V. Petrova. M .: Aquilon, 2017. p. 545-554.
- Mamchur E.A. Criteria of the reality of theoretical objects of modern physics // Prospects for realism in modern philosophy: Sat. Proceedings / Institute of Philosophy RAS; by ed. V.A.Lektorsky. M .: Kanon + ROOI "Rehabilitation", 2017. P. 255-274.
- Mamchur E.A. Evolutionary and cyclical models of the development of natural sciences // Revolution and evolution: models of development in science, culture, society: a collection of scientific articles / Ed. I.T. Kasavina, A.M. Feigelman. - N. Novgorod: Publishing House of the Nizhny Novgorod State University. N.I. Lobachevsky, 2017. p. 220-222.
- Science, technology and society. The problem of interdisciplinarity in the context of the reform of Russian science. The materials of the "round table" // Philosophy of science and technology. 2016. T. 21. № 1. P. 5-35.
- Atomism and contin-humanitarian knowledge and modern science. Materials of the round table "Atomism and contin- humanitarian knowledge" (Institute of Philosophy, Russian Academy of Sciences on 17 June 2015) // Questions of Philosophy. 2016. № 10. S. 156 - 158; 164.
- In search of information interpretation of quantum mechanics // Vox. 2016. 20 number.
- An empirical study of theories as the value of knowledge // Valuable bases of scientific knowledge / Otv.red. G.L.Belkina; Ed-status. M.I.Frolova. M .: LENAND, 2017. S. 57-65.
- "Aristotelian topos and Modern Physics" // Materials Mosk reports. international. Conference "Aristotelian heritage as a constitutive element of European rationality." Section 15 "Aristotle and the natural sciences."
- Modeling of the development of culture and relativism // Relativism as a disease of modern philosophy. M., 2015. P. 201-227.
- Interpretation of quantum mechanics in the light of the problems of realism // The problem of reality in modern science / Ed. E.A.Mamchur. M., 2015. P. 141-162.
- Finding mechanisms for the evolution of scientific knowledge // Epistemology & philosophy of science. 2015. № 4. P. 144-163.
- Mamchur E. Antique Atomism, Modern Physics and Structural realism // Metaphysical Issues in Philosophy of Science. Contributed abstracts for CLMPS (Helsinki, 3-8 August 2015). P. 354-355.
- The space in the context of culture (based on the transition from the Aristotelian concept of the space to the concept of the space of modern science) // Space as transcendental presupposition of knowledge of reality. M., 2014.
- An information-theoretic turn in the interpretation of quantum mechanics. Philosophical and methodological analysis // Questions of Philosophy. № 1. 2014. P. 57-71.
- Simulation of the history of culture and relativism // relativism. M., 2014. Foreword to the book and chapter. The relationship between science and technology: in search of an adequate model // The relationship of science and technology as an object of philosophy of science. M., 2014. P. 3-31.
- Is there any reason to talk about a crisis in science // Science and social picture of the world. To the 80th anniversary of academician V.S.Stepin. M., 2014. P. 205-220.
- What science do we need? // Address at the round table of Questions of Philosophy. № 8. 2014.
- Do we need to reform science // Abstracts of papers presented at the Conference dedicated to the 80th anniversary of academician RAS V.S.Stepin. M., 2014.
- Herzen about philosophy, science, and realism // Alexander Herzen and the historical fate of Russia. Proceedings of the International Conference on the 200th anniversary of Alexander Herzen (Institute of Philosophy, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 20-21 June 2012). M.: "The Canon +", 2013. P. 380-387.
- Let's see, is there a reason for the dispute? // Epistemology and philosophy of science, T.XXXV, № 2, 2013. P. 65-71.
- Heuristic role of metaphysics in scientific knowledge // Philosophy and Science in the cultures of East and West. Moscow, "Science - Eastern Literature", 2013. P. 45-53.
- Metaphysics and the Progress of Scienceсe // Abstracts of the 23rd World Congress of Philosophy. University of Athens, 2013, P. 430.
- Epistemological relativism: epistemological origins // Epistemology: prospects for development. M.: Canon +, 2012. P. 273-296;
- Philosophy of science and technology at the 14th International Congress on Logic Methodology and Philosophy of Science (France, Nancy, 2011, July 19-26) // Issues. Philosophy. , 2012. № 6 (with Gorokhov V.). P. 173-180;
- The phenomenon "prikladnizatsii" science and its social consequences // A man and his future. New technology and human capabilities. M., 2012. P. 283-296;
- Should there be a mandatory subject of philosophy at the university // Higher Education in Russia. , 2012. № 4. P. 127-135;
- The concept of causality Hume and modern science // David Hume and modern philosophy. M. Alpha-M, 2012. P. 231-238;
- Philosophy and the Future of Civilization // RFO. №3, 2012. P. 127-130;
- The trend prikladnizatsii fundamental science: epistemological and social aspects // Philosophy in the Modern World: the dialogue of worldviews / Proceedings of the VI Russian Congress of Philosophy (Nizhny Novgorod, June 27-30, 2012.). In three volumes. T.I. - Nizhny Novgorod: Publishing House of the Nizhny Novgorod State University named Lobachevsky, 2012. P. 277-278.
- Do Science Philosophy? // Polignozis, № 2, 2011;
- The Status of the Ideal of Unity and Simplicity in Contemporary Scientific Cognition // Epistemological Studies. Russian Studies in Philosophy, Winter 2010-11, vol.49, № 3 of the P. 7-23;
- The gnosiological roots of epistemological relativism // Epistemology: prospects for development. Ed. by Lectorsky V.A. M.: Canon +, 2011, pp. 275-297;
- On the empirical justification of modern cosmology // Cosmology, physics, culture. Ed. by Kazyutinsky V.V. M. IPh RAN, 2011;
- Is there a growth of scientific knowledge ? The new solutions of an old epistemological problem // Language-knowledge-reality. Ed. by I.T.Kasavin, M.: Alpha-M, 2011, pp. 267-286.
- Is the cosmology an "ironic" science // Modern Cosmology: Philosophical horizons. M.: "Canon +", 2010;
- Science, metaphysics, ideology // Landmarks. Issue 6. M.: Institute of Philosophy Russian Academy of Sciences, 2010. P. 58-76;
- Do physicists need philosophy? // Philosophy of Physics: Current problems. Proceedings of the Conference on June 17-18, 2010), 2010. S. 102-105;
- Once again about the subject of Social Epistemology // Epistemology and philosophy of science. Quarterly Journal, Vol XXIV, № 2, pp. 44-54;
- The answer to my opponents // Epistemology and philosophy of science. Quarterly magazine, V.XXIV, № 2, pp. 72-74;
- Current views on the concept of truth // Truth in the sciences and philosophy. Ed. by V.A.Lectorskiy, I.T.Kasavin, H.N.Knyazeva, M.: Alfa M, 2010;
- Is there a cumulative aspect in scientific knowledge (the contribution at the conference) // Logic, Methodology, Science of Science: Current Issues and Prospects. The materials of the Scientific Conference, Rostov-on-Don 2010. P. 15-30;
- Basic Science and Technology: Searching for mechanisms of interaction // Modern technology: philosophical and methodological problems in 2010.
- Philosophy of Science, Yearbook 2010. M.: IPh RAN, P.219-235
- The phenomenon of techscience: epistemological aspect // Philosophy of Science, Yearbook 2010. M.: IPh RAN, P. 219-235;
- Contradictions, Synthesis and the Growth of Knowledge // International Studies in Philosophy of Science, vol. 24, Number 4, December 2010;
- Is the concept of technoscience adequate to modern science? // Modern technologies. Philosophical and Methodological Problems, 2010, P. 21-36;
- Science and Ethics / / Man.Nauka.Humanism. On the 80th anniversary of akad.I.T.Frolov. M. IFRAN, "Science", 2009. P.224-233;
- Social epistemology or the sociology of language? // Epistemology and philosophy of science, № 1, t.XIX, 2009. P. 61-65;
- About the Book Carlo Rovelli, "Loop Quantum Gravity" // Epistemology and philosophy of science, t.XIX, 2009. P. 230-238 (coauthored with V.D.Zakharov);
- On the concept of "inner truth" // Philosophical Magazine, № 1 (2), 2009, pp. 73-87;
- Once again, the concept of epistemic relativism: once again // Polignozis, № 4, 2009, p.43-53;
- How can the empirical confirmation of theoretical knowledge is possible (the example of modern cosmology) // Philosophical Magazine, № 2 (3), 2009. P. 64-76;
- Sociology of knowledge, epistemology and social epistemology // Philosophical Sciences, № 10, 2009, pp. 113-125;
- Philosophy of science and epistemology // Science. Philosophy. Society. Proceedings of V Russian Congress of Philosophy. T.I. - Novosibirsk: Parallel, 2009. S. 266-267;
- Physics and Reality // Encyclopedia. Epistemology and philosophy of science. M., 2009. P. 1040-1041;
- The relationship between physics and philosophy // Encyclopedia. Epistemology and philosophy of science. M., 2009. P. 1061-1065;
- Social conditioning of knowledge // Encyclopedia. Epistemology and philosophy of science. M., 2009. P. 906-907.
- Science and Ethics // Man, science and humanism. Moscow: Nauka, 2008;
- Science and Philosophy // Questions of Philosophy, № 7, 2008;
- Once again about truth // Epistemology and Philosophy of Science, Vol XIV, 2008, № 2;
- The future of fundamental science in the twenty-first century // Questions of Philosophy, 2008, № 4 (with A.Nikiforov and B.Pruzhinin);
- The ideals of unity and simplicity in scientific knowledge // Philosophy. Science. Culture. On the 60th anniversery of the "Questions of Philosophy" M.:"Veche", 2008;
- Are the fundamental science is approaching to its end? // Polignozis, № 4, 2008;
- Virtual worlds of science and art: the problem of reference // Theoretical virtualistics: new approaches, problems and solutions. Moscow: Nauka, 2008 (in co.)
- The answer to V.Rozin // Polignozis, № 3, 2008.
- Does science need philosophy? (Co-authored with A.Nikiforov and D.Chernavskiy) / / Higher education in Russia, № 4, 2007;
- Science and Ethics // The ethics of science. M. IFRAN, 2007;
- Virtual worlds of art and science: the problem of the reference / / Philosophical Sciences, № 7, 2007 (co-author.)
- Presentation at the roundtable. "The relationship of science and social-humanitarian knowledge" // "Questions of Philosophy», № 6, 2007.
- Spontaneity and teleologizm / / The spontaneity and determinism. Pergamon Press, 2006;
- Global evolutionnalism: the arguments "pro" and "contra" / / Universal evolutionism and global problems. M.: IF Academy of Sciences, 2006;
- Presentation at the roundtable "The Philosophy of Science: Problems and Perspectives" / / Problems of Philosophy, № 10, 2006;
- Presentation on CD. of Art. / / Problems of Philosophy, № 9, 2006
- Conference on the Philosophy of Science, organized by IUC (Croatia) (April 2007);
- Conference in Dubna "Science philosophy religion" (November 2008), the performance of "Do universities in philosophy?";
- V Russian Congress of Philosophy "Science. Philosophy. Society "(Novosibirsk, August 2009);
- International Conference on the Philosophy of Science. IUC (Inter-University Centre for Scientific Research), Croatia (April 2009);
- Presentation at the roundtable "Technological Challenges of XXI Century" International Conference "Philosophy in the Dialogue of Cultures" held within the framework of World Philosophy Day (Moscow, November 2009);
- Conference on "Philosophy of Physics: Challenges", Moscow, MSU, 2010.
- Participate in 14th International Congress on Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science (g.Nansi, France 19/07/2011 -26.07 2011.) With the section report "Should we rethink the role of epistemology in modern philosophy of science?
- International Conference on the 200th anniversary of Alexander Herzen (Institute of Philosophy, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 20-21 June 2012) "Alexander Herzen and the historical fate of Russia". Report: Herzen about philosophy, science, and realism.
- Conference on the Philosophy of Science, organized by IUC (Croatia) (April 2013);
- 23rd World Congress of Philosophy, Metaphysics and the Progress of Scienceсe. University of Athens, 2013.
- Conference "Ontology of Quantum Mechanics" (14-15 October 2014) - report "Information-theoretical turn in the interpretation of quantum mechanics and the problems of realism";
- International Conference on the Philosophy of Science. IUC (Inter-University Centre for Scientific Research), Croatia (April 2014)
- The Moscow international. Conference "Aristotelian heritage as a constitutive element of European rationality." Section 15 "Aristotle and the natural sciences." The report "Aristotelian topos and Modern Physics" (Moscow Institute of Philosophy, 17-19 October 2016).
- Conference "Quantum mechanics and philosophical discourse." The report "Quantum mechanics and information interpretation of quantum theory" (Moscow, Russian Academy of Sciences Institute of Philosophy, 14-15 April 2016).
- Participant of "Round Table" / hands. V.A.Lektorsky "" realistic turn "in contemporary epistemology, philosophy of mind and philosophy of science" (Moscow, Russian Academy of Sciences Institute of Philosophy, March 29, 2016).
Exploring epistemological problems of natural sciences, E.Mamchur has shown that staying within holistic approach to the analysis of scientific cognition it is impossible to understand the nature of science or to give an adequate reconstruction of its dynamics. To perform these tasks one must make some important differentiations. Thus in order to approve the failure of epistemological relativism it is necessary to make difference between the concepts of “objectness” and “objectivity” of scientific knowledge; to solve the problem of boundaries between philosophy of science and sociology of scientific knowledge one must dilute the concepts of socio-cultural determination and socio-cultural conditionality of scientific cognition; to substantiate the thesis of social and ethical neutrality of fundamental science it is necessary to make a distinction between basic and applied research, etc.
Dealing with the problem of empirical justification of scientific knowledge E.Mamchur revealed a complex structure of scientific fact, the presence in it a special layer of knowledge that can fulfill the role of a sound basis for empirical testing of a theory.
Considering the problem of reconstruction of scientific knowledge dynamics E.Mamchur has formulated idea of a special kind of connection between science and cultural context, which goes back to Jung’s “synchronicity”; explored the role of methodological principle of simplicity of scientific knowledge and formulated the principle of “maximum inheritance” working in science even in the periods of the most radical change in the sphere of theoretical knowledge. Last time she tries to give prouf the opinnion that the epistemological turn beginning in the first half of XX centure continued to take place in philosopy of natural science : contemporary philosophy of science becomes more and more philosophical
Gratitude from the leadership of the European Inter-University Centre for Scientific Research (IUC) for long-term support and active work of the Centre as one of the Directors' Course in Philosophy of Science "- International Conference on the Philosophy of Science and a member of the editorial board of International Studies in the Philosophy of Science. Routledge. Taylor and Francis Group.
In 2010, E.A. Mamchur biography included in the encyclopedia "Who is Who in Russia" Because of "Who is Who fur Personnenzyklopedidien AG (Switzerland) for a successful career in the Russian science and philosophy.