Year and Place of Birth
Scopus Author ID: 56785427700
RSCI SPIN: 5186-7201, Author ID: 123659
2008-2012: PhD – State Academic University for the Humanities (GAUGN), Faculty of Philosophy. Thesis Title: “Soul as the Cause of Evil according to Plotinus”, Supervisor – Svetlana Messiats.
2003-2008: Diploma, Master’s Degree Equivalent – State Academic University for the Humanities (GAUGN), Faculty of Philosophy.
Cosmology and Theology in the Late Antiquity. Religion and Mythology in the Platonic Tradition. The Problem of Evil, Free Will and the Theodicy according to Plato, Aristotle, Plutarch, Plotinus, and Proclus. The Theories of Perception in Antiquity. The Theories of Knowledge in the Sophists.
- 2019-2022: Senior Research Fellow
- 2012-2019: Research Fellow
- 2011-2012: Junior Research Fellow
Since 2010: Member of the Centre for Ancient and Mediaeval Philosophy and Science
- 2010-2022: Ancient Greek Language Course (Faculty of Philosophy, GAUGN)
- 2013-2022: Ancient Philosophy Course (Faculty of Philosophy, GAUGN)
- "Does the Philosophy discover something new?", November 10 2016 in the Library of F.M. Dostoevsky.
- "What is the Philosophy?", December 1, 2015 in the Library №38.
- "Two World Souls in the Commentary of Plutarch on Plato's Timaeus" - Anatomy of Philosophy. May 7, 2015. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDK_uqFP2i0
- "Ideas of Particulars and thePproblem of Individuality in Plotinus" - The 2nd International Platonic Conference, September 18–19, 2014.
- “Plotinus and Aristotle on Matter and Evil” - 15th Annual Conference of the International Society for Neoplatonic Studies (ISNS). Olomouc, Czech Republic. June 14-17, 2017.
- “The Problem of Subject in Aristotle's Metaphysics” – International Conference “Metaphysics and Post-Metaphysical Thinking”, RAS Institute of Philosophy, October 22–23, 2019.
- “Plato’s Interpretation of Protagoras’ “Measure” of as a Criterion of Knowledge” - 7th International Platonic Conference organized by Russian State University for the Humanities. November 15, 2019.
- “On two Formulations of Protagoras’ Thesis in Aristotle's Metaphysics”, International Conference dedicated to the 30th Anniversary of the Institute of Philosophy and Law of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, November 19-20, 2020.
- “Aristotelian Interpretation of Protagoras’ Thesis and Plato’s Theaetetus” - 8th International Platonic Conference organized by Russian State University for the Humanities, November 27, 2020.
- “Aristotelian Interpretation of Protagoras’ Thesis and Anaxagoras’ Doctrine of ὁμοιομέρειαι” – 9th International Platonic Conference organized by Russian State University for the Humanities and Center for Ancient and Medieval Philosophy and Science, Institute of Philosophy of the Russian Academy of Sciences, November 25, 2021. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTqnoE9Qk6A
(all in Russian)
- Monastic Education in Late Antiquity: New Concepts, New Approaches // (co auth.) Dialogue with Time. 2021. 77. P. 402-408. https://roii.ru/dialogue/roii-dialogue-77.pdf#page=402
- A Group Portrait of the Sophists // ΣΧΟΛΗ. 2021.15. 2. P. 1011-1033.
- The Place of Plato’s Cratylus in the Curriculum of Neoplatonic Philosophy //History of Philosophy. 2021.26, 2. https://hp.iphras.ru/article/view/6752
- Plotinus on the Ideas of Individuals // Philosophy Journal 2020. 13, 1. P. 5-19. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21146/2072-0726-2020-13-1-5-19
- Unnamed Odours: the Sense of Smell in Plato’s Timaeus // ΣΧΟΛΗ. 2020. 14, 2. P. 709 – 727.
- Aristotelian Interpretation of Protagoras’ Thesis and Plato’s Theaetetus // Platonic Investigations. 2020. 13, 2. P. 56-68
- Theory of Sense Perception in Theaetetus and Timaeus of Plato. In History of Philosophy Yearbook 2019. Ed. M. Solopova. Moscow 2019. P. 6–29.
- Philosophical Education according Plato and Plotinus // HYPOTHEKAI. 2019. 3. P. 200-222.
- Protagoras’ Homo Mensura as the Criterion of Truth // ΣΧΟΛΗ. 2019. 13, 2. P. 695-704.
- The Problem of Substance as the Kind of Being in the Context of the Criticism of Aristotelian System of Categories proposed by Plotinus in Treatise VI 1(42) “On the Kinds of Being” // ΣΧΟΛΗ. 2018. 12, 1. P. 137-146.
- The Problem of Evil in the Contemporary Studies of Plotinus’ Philosophy // Dialogue with Time. 2018. 63. P. 330-338.
- Plotinus’ Two Theodicies // ΣΧΟΛΗ. 2018. 12, 2. P. 570-585.
- Plotinus on Genera of Being // Intellectual traditions in past and present. 2018. 4. P. 226-246.
- God as Intellect in the Philosophical Theology of Plato, Aristotle and Plotinus // St. Tikhon’s University Review. Series I: Theology. Philosophy. Religious Studies. 2017. 73. P. 95–10.
- On the Division of the Philosophical Disciplines and the Unity of Philosophical Knowledge according to Aristotle // ΣΧΟΛΗ. 2017. 11, 2. P. 482-492.
- Plotinus on Matter and Evil. Moscow. 2017. – P. 167.
- Two World Souls in the Commentary of Plutarch on Plato's Timaeus: Analysis of Philosophical text. In Anatomy of Philosophy. Ed J. Sineokaya. Moscow 2016. P. 223 – 250.
- Intellect and Intelligible as the Subject of Aristotle's De Anima. In Intellectual Traditions in Antiquity and Middle Ages. Ed. M. Petrova. Moscow 2016. P. 59 – 80.
- Is the Goal of Philosophical Enquiry achievable? A Review of Russian Translation of Karl Albert’s “Platons Begriff der Philosophie” // ΣΧΟΛΗ. 2015. 9, 2. P. 425-436.
- From Idea of Human Being as Species to Ideas of Individuals. In Measure of Things: Man in the History of European Thought. Ed. by G. Vdovina. Moscow 2015. P. 19-54.
- Is the soul of Socrates eternal? On the Problem of Explanation of the Individual Qualities in Plotinus // Philosophical Anthropology. 2015. 1,1. 2015. 20-33. http://iph.ras.ru/uplfile/root/biblio/phan/3.pdf
- The Concept of ἁπλῶς ὕλη in the Philosophy of Plotinus. In Intellectual Traditions in Antiquity and Middle Ages. ed. M. Petrova. Moscow 2014. P. 130-153
- The Irrational Part of the World and Individual Souls according to Plutarch of Chaeronea // Philosophy Journal. 2014. P. 38-50.
- Plutarch's Doctrine of Two World Souls. In ΠΛΑΤΟΝΙΚΑ ΖΗΤΗΜΑΤΑ. Ed. V. Petroff. Moscow 2013. P. 721-735.
- On the Origin of Soul in Timaeus (Translation from Greek the 1st part of Plutarch’s “De amimae procreatione in Timaeo”). In ΠΛΑΤΟΝΙΚΑ ΖΗΤΗΜΑΤΑ. Ed. V. Petroff. Moscow 2013. 736-758.
- “The Problem of Evil in Plotinus”. In Herald of LNU. №4 (Vol.2). Ed. I. Mochalova. St. Petersburg 2011. P. 29-37.
- Plotinus on the Nature and the Cause of Evil. In The Cosmos and the Soul II. Ed. A. Seregin. Moscow 2010. P. 108-139.
- The Necessity of Descent and Justice of Retribution in the Philosophy of Plotinus. In History of Philosophy Yearbook 2009. Ed. O. Golova. Moscow 2010. P. 5-27.
- Charlemagne and Pope Leo. In A Gender History of the Western Europe (reading book). Ed. Lorina Repina. Moscow 2006. (Translation from Latin together with Maya Petrova).