e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
University of Massachusetts, Amherst (UMass, Amherst) (USA)
- Department of Linguistics: Ph.D. September 2019
Dissertation title: Phrasal and Clausal Exceptive-Additive Constructions Crosslinguistically
Chair: Seth Cable
Committee members: Rajesh Bhatt, Kyle Johnson, Barbara Partee
Daniel Altshuler (outside member)
To learn more about my work in linguistics visit my webpage: https://www.vostrikova.info/
Institute of Philosophy of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Moscow)
- Diploma of Candidate of Science (specialization: Ontology and Theory of Cognition) April, 2008
Dissertation title: Intentionality in Contemporary Philosophy of Mind
Chair: Ilia Kasavin
Russian State University for the Humanities (Moscow).
- Diploma of a Philosopher and a Lecturer in Philosophy, Summa Cum Laude – 2004;
- Department of Philosophy: Student (major: philosophy) – 1999-2004.
High School of Pyrerko (Naryan-Mar, Russia) – 1996-1999.
Institute of Philosophy of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Department of Logic and Epistemology
- Research Fellow in epistemology and philosophy of language – 2008-present;
- Co-chair of the interdisciplinary seminar “Logic and Philosophy of Language” – 2010-present.
Moscow State University for the Humanities
- Lecturer of courses “Intentionality in Contemporary Philosophy of Mind” and “Introduction to Anglo-American philosophy.” – 2006-2008.
‘Conditional Analysis of Clausal Exceptives’ Manuscript
- ‘Besides exceptives’ in Maggie Baird, Duygu Göksu, and Jonathan Pesetsky (eds.), the Proceedings of NELS 49, 2019 (in press).
- ‘Compositional analysis for clausal exceptives’ in Katherine Blake and Forrest Davis(eds.), Proceedings of Semantics and Linguistic Theory (SALT) 29, 2019, pp. 420-440 (in press).
- [with Petr Kusliy] ‘De Re Attitude Reports about Disjunctive Attitudes’ in Ava Creemers and Caitlin Richter (eds.), University of Pennsylvania Working Papers in Linguistics (the proceedings of PLC-42), 2019, vol. 25, iss.1, article 17, pp. 147-157. https://repository.upenn.edu/pwpl/vol25/iss1/17/
- [with Petr Kusliy] ‘Hard cases of third readings in terms of the Standard Solution’ in Uli Sauerland and Stephanie Solt (eds.), Proceedings of Sinn und Bedeutung (SuB) 22, 2018, vol. 2, ZASPiL 61, pp. 37–52. ZAS, Berlin. https://semanticsarchive.net/sub2018/Kusliy.pdf
- ‘A puzzle about adverbials in simultaneous readings of present and past-under-past in Russian’ in Denisa Lenertová, Roland Meyer, Radek Šimík & Luka Szucsich (eds.), Advances in formal Slavic linguistics, 2018. Berlin: Language Science Press, pp. i-xxii. https://zenodo.org/record/2545545#.Xbzrwuczbs0
Journal papers in philosophy
- Vostrikova, Ekaterina. Problema žestkoj designacii v semantike sobstvennyh imen (Proper names and rigid designation)// Epistemology and Philosophy of science. #4, 2012. Moscow
- Vostrikova, Ekaterina. Semantika vs Pragmatica (Semanics vs Pragmatics)// Epistemology and Philosophy of science. #4, 2011. Moscow.
- Vostrikova, Ekaterina. Mogut li imena imet’ descriptivnoe soderzhanie? (Do names have descriptive content? )// Language. Knowledge. Truth. Moscow. 2011.
- Vostrikova, Ekaterina. Intentsional’nost s tochki zreniya philosophii yazika (Intentionality from the point of view of philosophy of language) // Bulletin of Tomsk University. #2. 2011. Tomsk
- Vostrikova, Ekaterina. Znanie i cauzal’noe obosnovanie (Knowledge and causal justification) // Logos. № 2. Moscow, 2009.
- Vostrikova, Ekaterina. Ideya intentsional’nosti v phenomenologii, analiticheskoi philosohii i psikhologii (The idea of intentionality in phenomenology, analytical philosophy, and psychology) // Phenomenological inquiry. The Russian-American yearbook. Vladimir, 2008.
- Vostrikova, Ekaterina. Mental’noe soderzhanie: uzkoe ili shirokoe? (Mental content: narrow or wide? )// Language. Knowledge. Society. Problems of social epistemology. Moscow, 2007.
- Vostrikova, Ekaterina. Review of the book “Know How” by J. Stanley. Epistemology and philosophy of a science. 2012. № 3.
- Vostrikova, Ekaterina. New books on philosophy of languages in English // Epistemology and philosophy of a science. Moscow, 2011. № 2.
- Vostrikova, Ekaterina. Review of the book “Content and Justification: Philosophical Papers” by P. Boghossian. Epistemology and philosophy of a science. 2010. № 4.
- Vostrikova, Ekaterina. Review of the book “Illusion of Meaning” by A. Ladov// Philosophy of science. Novosibirsk, 2009. № 4.
- Vostrikova, Ekaterina. Review of the book «Language: a biological model» by R. Millikan // Epistemology and philosophy of science. №4. Moscow, 2006
- Semantic content: formal análisis (Project funded by Russian Foundation for Basic Research) (2012-2014)
- Language and context (Project funded by Russian Humanitarian Scientific Foundation) (2011-2013)
- Reference: logico-philosophical analysis (Project funded by Russian Humanitarian Scientific Foundation) – (2010-2012);
- Analytic Philosophy Today (Project funded by Russian Humanitarian Scientific Foundation) --(2007-2009);
- Language and Mind: Recent Problems and Discussions (Project funded by Russian Foundation for Basic Research) –2009-2011.
New York University (USA)
- Department of Philosophy: Visiting Researcher – Fulbright scholarship recipient – 2008-2009.
University of Bonn, Germany 2004-2005
- Department of Philosophy DAAD scholarship recipient.
Russian (native), English (fluent), German (reading).