Born on January the 26th, 1946, Moscow
Moscow State University, Philosophy Department, graduated in 1970
Ph.D. in Philosophy, 1976 (Moscow State University), thesis subject "On the nature and forms of positivism"
Main Research Interests
theory of knowledge, methodology and philosophy of science, worldview and axiological dimensions of science, utopian consciousness, problem of the ideal and its role in congition and praxis
Senior Research Fellow, member of the Scientific Council of the Iph RAS
- Alternative worlds of knowledge – manager of the project, 1997-1999;
- Utopia as a type of consciousness – 1999-2001;
- Constructivist paradygm in epistemology – manager of the project, 2005-2007.
Over 50 works.
- The Metamorphoses of Utopian Consciousness : From Utopia to Utopianism // Russian Studies in Philosophy, vol. 46, Number 2 / Fall 2007. Р. 6–24.
In Russian (selected articles):
- From the "state of mind" to the "society of knowledge". The fate of utopia in the modern world // Utopian projects in the history of culture: materials of the III-d All-Russian (with international participation) scientific conference "Utopian projects in the history of culture" on the topic "(Not)possible worlds: the present and the future in the mirror of anti-utopia" / Ed. by T.S. Paniotov. Rostov-on-Don; Taganrog: SFU Publishing House, 2021. Pp. 29-37.
- Cognitive "turn" and the fourth question of Kant // Collection of works on the results of the All-Russian scientific and practical conference "Philosophical and methodological problems of cognitive research". Ulyanovsk, 2020. Pp. 80-89.
- In search of the basis of conscious existence (reflection on the book) // Problems of philosophy. 2020. No. 12. Pp. 124-131. DOI: 10.21146/0042-8744-2020-12-124-131.
- The problem of the purpose and meaning of science in the civilization of knowledge // VIII Russian Philosophical Congress "Philosophy in a polycentric world". Sections (I). Collection of scientific articles, 2020. Pp. 156-158.
- Origins and evolution of the problem of subjectivity: anthropological, epistemological and ethical aspects // Social sciences and the Humanities in the far East. 2019. T. XVI. Vol. 3. Pp. 110-115. DOI: 10.31079/1992-2868-2019-16-3-110-115.
- The ethical modus of rationality: from goal to meaning // The First Stepin's readings. The modern stage of science development and the crisis of technogenic civilization: materials of the conference with international participation (Moscow, 5-6 November 2019) / Ed. by V. G. Budanov, V. A. Lectorsky. Kursk: University book, 2019. Pp. 62-65.
- The ideal of perfection and the problem of "improving" a man: two ways to a new man // Polilogos. 2018. Vol. 2. No. 2.
- Subjectivity as a theme of philosophy: stages of the development // Russian Studies in Philosophy. 2018. Vol. 56. Iss. 1. P. 39-48. *
- Paradoxical subjectivity or subjectivity without a subject // Subjective world in the context of challenges of modern cognitive Sciences. / Edited by V. A. Lektorsky, E. O. Trufanova, and A. F. Yakovleva. Moscow: Aquilon, 2017. Pp. 113-124. *
- The problem of truth in a cultural-historical epistemology // Philosophy of science and technology in Russia: challenges of information technology. Collection of scientific works. Vologda, 2017. 355-358.
- Realism, skepticism and truth // Perspectives of realism in modern philosophy / ed. by V.A. Lektorsky. Moscow, 2017. Pp. 229-254.
- Utopia as a "philosophical project” // Problems of philosophy. 2015. No. 5. Pp. 190-201.
- Skepticism and relativism: from seeking truth to denying it // Relativism as a disease of modern philosophy. Moscow, 2015. Pp. 104-136.
- Truth as an ethical problem of epistemology // Philosophy of science. Vol. 19: Epistemology in interdisciplinary research / Edited by I.A. Gerasimov. Moscow, 2014. Pp. 64-79.
- Structure of utopian consciousness // Cognition and consciousness in an interdisciplinary perspective. Part 1. Moscow: IPh RAS, 2013. Pp. 66-83.
- The problem of cognitive meaning and cultural values of science // Epistemology: prospects of development. M., 2012.
- The problem of value of truth in skepticism and relativism // Relativism, pluralism, criticality: epistemological analysis. M., 2012.
- Epistemology and ethics: the point of intersection // Epistemology: new horizons. Proceedings conference on 24-25 June 2010. M., Institute of philosophy of RAS. M., 2011.
- Science in the context of utopia: the lessons of history // Philosophy of science. Vol. 15. Epistemology: actual problems. M., 2010.
- From the search for truth to the construction of reality: the stages of the evolution the idea of constructivism // Constructivist approach in epistemology and human Sciences / Ed. by V.F. Lektorsky. M., 2009.
- The constructivist paradigm in epistemology // Bulletin of the Russian Foundation for Humanities, 2008, № 4.
- The Metamorphoses of Utopian Consciousness: From Utopia to Utopianism // Russian Studies in Philosophy, vol. 46, Number 2 / Fall 2007. Р. 6–24.
- Science and scientism as axiological problem. // Science in the view of Humanities. M., 2005.
- Context old discussion: about the book by Steve Fuller's "Kuhn vs Popper. Revolutions in Science". Cambridge, Icon Books, 2003. 227 P. // Epistemology & philosophy of science. M., 2004. vol. II, № 2.
- Epistemology in the drama of modernity // Subject, learning, and activities. To the 70th anniversary of V.A. Lektorsky. M., 2002.
- Freedom and Rationality // Rationality at a crossroads. Two tons. Vol.1. M., 1999.
- About idols and ideals. //E.V. Ilyenkov: personality and creativity. M., 1999.
- Evolutionary epistemology // Dictionary on Modern Western philosophy.
- Specificity of utopian consciousness and the problem of the ideal // Ideal utopia and critical reflection. M., 1996.
- Utopia: the assimilation of the future or annihilation of the present? // Theory of knowledge. T.4. Knowledge of social reality. M., 1995.
- Rationality - critic - freedom // Free thought. 1994. № 6.
- Utopia as a type of consciousness // Public Sciences and modernity. 1993. № 3.
| Scientific results
In the recent research Elena L. Chertkova has touched the problems of genesis, evolution and modern condition of utopian consciousness, its connection with social knowledge and political practice, the problems of cognition and myth-making in social and humanitarian knowledge, the place of science and scientific rationality in modern culture and its role in the crisis of technogenic civilisation. Scientific rationality is seen as a system of humanistic values. The analysis of its modern crisis is proposed, one of the main manifestations of which is the increase in the disproportion between the growth of its practical (cognitional, technical, political) power and the fall of its role in the perception of the world and self-consciousness of a person. Much attention is focused on the problem of science value in Russian philosophy in the first half of the 20th century.