Born on March the 3d, 1929, in Orekhov (Zaporozhye)
Kiev State University, Philosophy Department (graduated in 1952)
1962 – Ph.D. in Philosophy, thesis subject “On analytico-synthetical character of the reflection activity of the brain”
1969 – Dr. Sc. In Philosophy, thesis subject “Philosophical analysis of psychophysiological problem”
|Main Research Interests
||philosophy of consciousness, mind-body problem, brain studies, NBIC
||Since 1988 - Leading Research Fellow of the Iph RAS
||Has taught in several secondary schools in Donezk, then at the Donezk University of Medicine (Philosophy Department)Since 1970 has been working in Moscow.1981-1987 - professor at the Lomonosov Moscow State UniversityRecently - lecturer at SAUH (GAUGN)
- Problem of consciousness. Theory and criticism of alternative concepts. Moscow: URSS, 2018. 400 p.
- The "Mind and brain" problem: a theoretical solution. Moscow: "Canon+" ROOI "Rehabilitation", 2015. 208 p.
- Subjective reality and the brain: the experience of theoretical problem solving. Palmarium Academic Publishing, Saarbrucken, 2013. 284 p.
- The problem of consciousness in philosophy and science. Collective monograph (Editor-in-chief D.I. Dubrovsky). M.: Kanon+, 2009.
- Deception. Philosophical and psychological analysis. Moscow: Ray, 1994; second ed. M.: Kanon+, 2010.
- The problem of the ideal. Moscow: Thought, 1983; second, additional ed. Moscow, 2002.
- Information, consciousness, brain. Moscow: Higher school, 1980.
- Mental phenomena and the brain. Philosophical analysis of the problem in connection with some actual problems of neurophysiology, psychology and cybernetics" (Moscow: Nauka, 1971).
- Solving the Mind-Brain Problem: Thomas Nagel Article “Concerning the impossible and the Mind-Body Problem” Revisited // Russian Philosophy in the Twenty-First Century. An Antology. Ed. By M.Sergeev, A. Chumakov and M. Theis. With a Foreword by Alissa DeBlasio. Leiden/Boston, 2020. P.51–73.
- Conscience. Problems and prospects of interdisciplinary research (Round table "The problem of consciousness: research opportunities", Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, January 28, 2019) // Philos. Sciences / Russ. J. Philos. Sci. 2020. No. 63(2). Pp. 144-159. DOI: 10.30727/0235-1188-2020-63-2-144-159. (co-author: I. Y. Bulov).
- Problems with the Mind-Brain problems // Neuroscience and Neurological Surgery. 2020. № 1. P. 3–21. DOI:10.31579/2578-8868/102. URL: https://www.auctoresonline.org/journals/neuroscience-and-neurological-surgery/archive/721.
- Once again about consciousness, the unconscious and about the "revolutionary" theory in psychology // Problems of philosophy. 2020. No. 7. Pp. 78-81. DOI: 10.21146/0042-8744-2020-7-78-81.
- Philosophy as a profession, career and lifestyle. Part 2. // Personality. Culture. Society. 2020. Vol. XXII. Issue 1-2 (No. 105-106). Pp. 200-211. DOI: 10.30936/1606-951X-2020-22-1/2-200-211. (in co-authorship with Reznik Yu. M.)
- Neuroethics: some actual philosophical and methodological issues // Philosophy. Journal of the Higher School of Economics. 2020. Vol. IV. No. 1. pp. 24-41. DOI: 10.17323/2587-8719-2020-1-24-41.
- The Great Patriotic War. The Price of Victory? // Personality. Culture. Society. 2020. Vol. XXII. Issue 1-2 (No. 105-106). Pp. 7-17. DOI: 10.30936/1606-951X-2020-22-1/2-7-17.
- Book review: A. P. Lyubimov. Philosophy of law. - M.: Yurayt, 2019 / 257 p. / / Philos. sciences / Russ. J. Philos. Sci. 2019. No. 62(12). Pp. 135-140. DOI: 10.30727/0235-1188-2019-62-12-134-139. (co-authored with V. S. Stepin).
- Main aspects of the problem of subjective reality / / Social sciences and the Humanities in the far East. 2019. Vol. XVI. Vol. 3. Pp. 11-25. DOI: 10. 31079/1992‒2868‒2019‒16‒3‒11‒25.
- Philosophy as a profession and way of life. Part 1 // Personality. Culture. Society. 2019. T. XXI. Vol. 3-4 (No. 103-104). Pp. 236-257. DOI: 10.30936/1606-951X-2019‒21‒3/4‒236‒257 (co-authored with Reznik Yu. M.).
- “The Hard Problem of Consciousness”. Theoretical solution of its main questions // AIMS Neuroscience. 2019. Vol. 6. Iss. 2. P. 85‒103. DOI: 10.3934/Neuroscience.2019.2.85.
- Prospects of Neuroscientific Approaches to the Problem of Consciousness in the Situation of Growing Global Crisis of Our Terrestrial Civilization // Biomedical Journal of Scientific & Technical Research. Vol. 21. No. 2. P. 15677‒15680. DOI: 10.26717/BJSTR.2019.21.003565.15676‒15680.
- The Problem of Free Will and Modern Neuroscience // Neuroscience and Behavioral Physiology. 2019. Vol. 49. No. 5. P. 629‒639. DOI: 10.1007/s11055‒019‒00781‒5.
- Prospects of neuroscientific approaches to the problem of consciousness (in connection with the growing global crisis of the Earth's civilization) // Philosophical sciences. 2018. No. 3. Pp. 99-109.
- Does brain research make reading another's thoughts possible? // Russian Studies in Philosophy. 2018. Vol. 56. Iss. 1. P. 18-28. DOI: 10.1080/10611967.2018.1448639. *
- The main question of the problem of consciousness // Philosophical sciences. 2017. No. 1. Pp. 57-70.
- Consciousness as a "riddle" and "mystery": to the paradoxes of "radical cognitivism" // Problems of philosophy. 2017. No. 9. Pp. 151-161. *
- Subjective reality: dynamic structure, ontological and epistemological dimensions // Problems of philosophy. 2016. No. 12. Pp. 82-95. *
- On solving theoretical questions of a psychophysiological problem. To the program of consciousness research // World of psychology. 2016. No. 2 (86). Pp. 31-48.
- To the question of "other consciousness". Are there any manifestations of consciousness in people who are in a "vegetative state"? // Philosophy of science. Vol. 20. No. 1. Moscow, 2015. Pp. 191-208.
- Neurophilosophy and the problem of consciousness // Philosophical sciences. No. 11. 2015. Pp. 8-21.
- The biological basis of cognition and anthropotechnic evolution // Cognition and consciousness in the interdisciplinary perspective. Part 2 / Ed. by V. A. Lectorsky. Moscow, 2014. Pp. 5-25.
- Human nature, mass consciousness and the global future // Global future 2045: Anthropological crisis. Convergent technologies. Transhumanist projects. Moscow, 2014. Pp. 188-200.
- Subjective reality and the brain: the experience of a theoretical solution to a problem // Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2013. No. 1. C. 45-57.
- Modern mass consciousness and the future of earth civilization // Social and humanitarian sciences in the far East. 2013. No. 1. C. 78-83.
- The problem of knowing someone else's subjective reality // Philosophy of science. Issue 17. Epistemological analysis of communication. Moscow, 2012. Pp. 24-39.
- Subjective reality and the brain. On the question of half a century of experience in developing the "difficult problem of consciousness" in analytical philosophy // Epistemology: prospects for development. Moscow, 2012. Pp. 229-272.
- The problem of virtuous deception. Kant and modernity // On the right to lie. Moscow, 2011. Pp. 289-314.
- Consciousness as a subject of neurophysiological research (epistemological and methodological issues). Issue 15. Epistemology: current problems. Moscow, IPh RAS, 2010.P. 194-213.
- What is social epistemology? // Epistemology of yesterday and today. Moscow, 2010. Pp. 69-82.
- The problem of consciousness: the experience of reviewing the main issues and theoretical difficulties // The problem of consciousness in philosophy and science. Edited by D. I. Dubrovsky. Moscow, 2009. P. 5-52.
- Man in the information society // Chelovek. 2009, No. 1. P. 143-47.
- On the question of virtuous deception // Logos. 2008. No. 5. P. 15-18.
- The problem of "other consciousness" // Problems of philosophy. 2008. No. 1.