Date and place of birth:
March 18, 1951, Voronezh.
- Philosophy, Faculty of philosophy, Moscow Lomonosov State University, 1968-1973;
- Postgraduate studies, Institute of Philosophy, Academy of Sciences of the USSR, 1973-1977.
- D.Sc. in Philosophy, Institute of Philosophy, Russian Academy of Sciences, 2003. Doctor of Science Dissertation: "The problem of security of Russia in the global context";
- Cand. Sc. in Philosophy [Ph.D.], Institute of Philosophy of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, 1978. Ph.D. Dissertation: "The current environmental situation and the problem of social responsibility".
Fields of research:
- Social Philosophy;
- Social Ecology;
- Global Studies.
- Leading Research Fellow, Institute of Philosophy of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- "Russian Modernization and Kontrmodernizational Trends", (Russian Humanitarian Scientific Fund), 2008-2009;
- "Individual modernization: the changing person in the changing Russia" (Russian Humanitarian Scientific Fund), 2005-2006;
- Grant of the Ministry of Ecology "The Environmental Code of Russia", 1992.
More than 125 publications in Russian and English, including:
Books and chapters:
- Lack of Demand of Science and Problem of Modernization // Social-Philosophical Analysis of Modernization: Theories, Models, Experience / Moscow: IPhRAS, 2013. P. 109-123. (ISBN 978-5-9540-0250-8)
- The Problem of Security of Russia in the Global Context". - M.: Institute of philosophy, RAS, 2001.
Publications in scientific journals:
- The problem of information security in the age of globalization // Age of globalization. 2019. № 3. P. 73-79. DOI: 10.30884/vglob/2019.03.06.
- Modern threats to the information security of Russia in the field of science and technology // Knowledge. Understanding. Skill. 2019. № 3. С. 183-192. DOI: 10.17805/zpu.2019.3.16.
- Internal threats to Russia's economic security // Knowledge. Understanding. Skill. 2017. № 4. P. 188-199. DOI: 10.17805 / zpu.2017.4.16.
- The strategy of Russia's development in the XXI century and national security // Russia: Trends and Development Prospects. Yearbook. Vol. 12. Part 2. / Executive editor: V. Gerasimov. M., 2017. P. 143-149.
- On the obstacles to the modernization of Russia // Modernization and culture: the modus of coupling: Collection of materials of the international scientific conference (Dubna, April 25, 2016) / Under the general edition of N. Bagdasaryan, V. Fedotova. Dubna: National University of Dubna, 2016. P. 118-123. (not included in the 2016 report).
- The threat of a planetary catastrophe and the problem of ensuring collective security // Ecological interaction of nature and society: theory and practice: Collection of articles on the materials of the international scientific-practical conference (Pavlovsky Posad, May 18, 2017) / Executive editors: I. Liseev, Т. Borzova. Pavlovsky Posad, 2017. P. 193-203.
- Three "defenses" with Yu. Pletnikov // Life given to science. Creative heritage. Memories. Documents. To the 90-th anniversary of Yu.Pletnikov. / Scientific editor: Yu. Oleynikov. M .: Kanon+, "Rehabilitation", 2017. P. 383-386.
- Environmental Component in the System of Collective Safety // Ways to the Safety. IMEMO RAS. April, 2013. N.1 (44). P.7-22. ISSN 2307-1494. http://new.imemo.ru/
- The unifying globalization - the threat to the world // Global development trends of the world. - M.: Scientific Expert, 2012.
- Russia's accession to the WTO: risks and threats // Russian regions: strategies and mechanisms of modernization, innovation and technological development. Proceedings of the 8-th International scientific-practical conference / Editor-in-chief: Y. Pivovarov. - M.: INION , RAS, Department of scientific cooperation and international relations, 2012;
- The chapter "What future awaits the mankind in the growing threat of common planetary climate and environmental disaster?" // Changing sociality : the contours of the future. - M.: Institute of Philosophy, RAS, 2012. - P.209-226;
- 70-th Anniversary of the Victory in the Battle of Moscow and the Problem of security in contemporary Russia // 70-th Anniversary of the Battle of Moscow in the Great Patriotic War: Past and Present. Scientific and practical conference with international participation, October 27, 2011. - M.: O. Kutafin Moscow State Law Academy , 2012. - P.121-131;
- The Importance of Science in the Process of Modernization of Russia // Russian Regions: Strategies and Mechanisms of Modernization, Innovation and Technological Development. Proceedings of the Seventh International Scientific-practical conference // INION, RAS, Department of Scientific Cooperation and International Relations. Editor in chief: Y. Pivovarov. - Part 1. - M., 2011;
- Historical Lessons of Victory in the Great Patriotic War and Modern Threats to the Security of Russia // The 65-th Anniversary of the Great Victory and Security of Russia. Scientific-practical conference, April 23, 2010. - M.: Egvest Publishing House, 2011;
- Nation's Health - the Indicator of the Condition of Russian Society // Russia: Trends and Prospects. Yearbook. Issue 6. Part 2. The Editorial Board: Y. Pivovarov (executive editor) and others. - M., INION, RAS, 2011;
- The Problem of Social Justice in the Global Context // Knowledge. Understanding. Skill, №4, 2011;
- The Role of Science in the Modernization of the Russian Economy // Philosophical sciences, №10, 2011;
- The Changing Society in the Context of Growing Threat to the Climate and Ecological Catastrophe // Round-table discussion: "Changing Sociality: the Contours of the Future". - M.: Polis, №1, 2011;
- The National Idea and the Future of Russia // The National Idea of Russia: Materials of the All-Russian Scientific Conference, Moscow, November 12, 2010 [text + electronic resource] // Governance and Problem Analysis Center. - M.: Scientific Expert, 2011;
- Social Modernization and the Future of Russia // Futurological Congress: the Future of Russia and the World. Materials of the all-Russian Scientific Conference, Moscow, June 4, 2010 [text + electronic resource] // Governance and Problem Analysis Center. - M.: Scientific Expert, 2010;
- Globalization and Sustainable Development // The Changing Society: new Forms of Modernization and Progress. - M.: Institute of Philosophy, RAS, 2010;
- Migration: Threats // Path to Securuty. - M.: IMEMO, №1-2 / 38-39, 2010;
- The Crisis of the Russian Science in the Global Context // Knowledge. Understanding. Skill, №1, 2009;
- The Crisis of Education and Science in Russia // Sociology of Education, №6, 2009;
- Crisis Processes in Education and Science in Modern Russia and Ways to Overcome Them // The Spiritual Life of the Russian Society: State, Problems, Trends. Materials of the scientific-practical conference, April 28, 2008. - M.: Moscow State Academy of Law, 2009;
- Drug Aggression // Path to Security. - M.: IMEMO, RAS. Vol. 1-2 / 36-37, 2009;
- Social Modernization and the Crisis Processes in Russia // Knowledge. Understanding. Skill, №4, 2009;
- The Demographic Situation in Russia: Problems and Prospects // Search. Policy. Social Studies. Art. Sociology. Scientific publication. - M.: Silver Threads, №3 (16), 2008;
- The Demographic Crisis in Modern Russia and its Possible Negative Social Consequences // Philosophy and Society, №3, 2008;
- Dangerous Atom // Path to Security. - M.: IMEMO, RAS, №1-2/32-33, 2007;
- Globalization and its Possible Negative Consequences // Search: Policy. Social Studies. Art. Sociology. Scientific publication. - M.: Silver Threads, №1(14), 2007;
- The Demographic Situation in Russia as the Object of Social Philosophy // New Ideas in Social Philosophy. - M.: Institute of Philosophy, RAS, 2006;
- Ecological Imperative and the Fate of Civilization // Philosophy and the Future of Civilization. Abstracts of the IV Russian Congress of Philosophy, Moscow, May 24 - 25, 2005. - M.: Modern notebooks, 2005;
- Demographic Disaster // Path to Security. - IMEMO, RAS. Vol. 1/29, 2005;
- Russia in the Conditions of Globalization // Dialogue, №7, 2004;
- Modern Threats and Security of Russia // Philosophy and Society, №4, 2004;
- Security Threats: New Vectors // Path to Security. - M.: IMEMO, RAS. Vol. 3/28, 2004;
- The Genesis of the Concept of Environmental Security // Bulletin of the Academy. The scientific journal. - M.: Moscow Academy of Entrepreneurship under the Government of Moscow, №2, 2004;
- Environmental War // Globalistics. Encyclopedia. - M.: Dialogue, Rainbow, 2003;
- Nuclear Safety // Globalistics. - M.: Dialogue, Rainbow, 2003;
- New Threats to the Security of Russia in the Conditions of Aggravation of Global Problems and Globalization // Russian Society and Sociology in XXI century: Social Challenges and Alternatives. Materials of the II all-Russian Sociological Congress, Moscow, Moscow Lomonosov State University, September 30 - October 2, 2003. Vol. 2. - M.: Alfa-M, 2003;
- Ecological Ethics and the New Environmental Threats in Russia // Link of Times. Proceedings of the International Conference, dedicated to the memory of N. Moiseev. - M.: KOKS, RAS, 2002;
- The Crisis in Education - the Threat to the Security and Future of Russia // Security, №1-2, 2001;
- The Nuclear Threat in the 21-st century // Path to Security. - M.: IMEMO, RAS. Vol. 1/21, 2001;
- The Problems of Food Security of Russia // Dialogue, №6, 2001;
- International Aspects of Environmental and Demographic Threat (Russian Link) // Path to Security. - M.: IMEMO, RAS. Vol. 2/22, 2001.
- Executive Secretary of the Dissertation Council on Thesis Defense for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in the speciality 09.00.11 - Social Philosophy (1988–2013)
- Deputy Head of the Department of Social Philosophy (2006–2013)
In the Doctor of Science Dissertation a comprehensive socio-philosophical analysis of the various aspects of Russia's security in a global context is carried out. Combination of the theory of global problems (taking into account the relevant "limits to growth") and the theory of the globalizing world, in which the de-facto principle of limited sovereignty and the role of exogenous influences increases dramatically is proposed. According to the developed concept, in the conditions of aggravation of global problems and globalization, the national security (and, hence, national sovereignty) can not be provided only by the military power and inviolability of the state borders. Along with the military security in the foreground are closely interrelated nuclear, radiation, technological, environmental, demographic, food and other types (structural elements) of security, not less, affecting the status and the nation's health, the survival and the future development of society developing as a systematic whole. Under this approach, the national security is understood as a state of protection of the territory, natural resources, population, cultural and spiritual values, the existing mode of social life from external and internal threats within the same country and state. Socio-philosophical content is disclosed and the concepts of nuclear, radiation, technological, environmental, demographic, food, military and national security are developed. The new concepts of "ecological colonialism", "creeping catastrophe", "non-conventional war", etc. are introduced.