Head of the “Philosophical Problems of Creativity” Dept.
D.Sc. in Philosophy, Prof., Main Research Fellow of the Institute of Philosophy RAS
- 1971-1976: study at Moscow Lomonosov State University, Philosophy Dept.;
- 1976 – Honors Degree in Philosophy awarded by Moscow Lomonosov State University;
- 1976– 1979 г.: Post-graduate study, Moscow Lomonosov State University, Philosophy Dept.
Scientific degrees awarded:
- 1980 – Ph.D. (Philosophy), Moscow Lomonosov State University;
- 1998 – D.Sc. in Philosophy, Institute of Philosophy, Russian Academy of Sciences with the thesis “Phenomenology in the Study of Social Life”.
- 2001- Professor (Philosophy) awarded by Moscow Lomonosov State University.
Fields of Research Interests
- Epistemology, philosophy of science, social philosophy, Phenomenology, Philosophy of creativity.
|Current Academic position
- Philosophical Problems of Creativity Dept., Institute of Philosophy, Russian Academy of Sciences - Chair (since 2013).
Scientific activities/ membership:
- Russian Philosophical society (since 1976).
International Research Scholarship:
- 1995 – International project “Trends in the scholarship”, Institute for Advanced Studies in Humanities And Social Sciences (NIAS), Royal Academy of Arts and Sciences, The Netherlands.
|International Scientific Participation:
- Human Being and His Time: 1920-2020. Intterdisciplinarity. Humanitarian and Social Knowledge. Moscow, IPH RAS, October, 20-21, 2020 – on-line.
- The I International scientific conference “Creative Human Being: Philosophy and Psychology of Creativity. International interdisciplinary conference. Raguza, Italy, September, 05-13, 2020 – on-line.
- Aesthetics and Hermeneutics. International conference devoted to 60th anniversary of Aesthetics Dept. of Moscow Lomonosov State University. Moscow, December, 11, 2020 – on-line
First Congress of Russian Society on History and Philosophy of Sciences “History and Philosophy of Sciences in the epoch of transformation” Moscow, IPH RAS, September, 14-15, 2018.
- XIX International conference “Music. Philosophy. Creativity: Musical Education and Humanities”. Nizniy Novgorod, May, 24-25, 2018.
- Scientific-theoretical conference (with international participation) “Philosophical dimensions of architectural creativity in meaningful space of contemporary culture”. Moscow, April, 26-27, 2018;
- VI International scientific conference “Music – Philosophy – Culture: One’s Own and Strange”. Moscow, April, 24-26, 2018;
- IV International Russian-Turkish Forum (24-25 May, Almaty)
- Scientific Conference of: Pontifico Instituto Orientale di Roma, 15-21 ottobre 2015. Centro di cultura e storia Amalfitana 15-21 ottobre 2015
- International Vienna Conference of International Journal for Fine arts and Sciences (8-10 April, 2014)
- XXIII World Congress of Philosophy “Philosophy as Inquiry and Way of Life” – Athens 04-10, August 2013.
- XIII International Congress of Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science. Beijing, China, 2007.
- XIX International Phenomenology Congress, Nijmegen, The Netherlands (2005),
- Visiting Professor of the British-Kazachstan University (Almaty, 2005-2006),
- III World Phenomenology Congress, Oxford, Great Britain (2004, workshop’s chair);
- International Conference “East and West: Dialogue of Cultures”, Baku, Azerbaijan (2004),
- World Congress “Education on the Verge of III Millennium”, Rome, Italy (2003),
- VIII Conference of the International Society for the Study of European Ideas, Aberystwyth, Great Britain, (2002, workshop’s chair),
- II World Phenomenology Congress, Rome, Italy (2001, workshop’s chair),
- VII Conference of the International Society for the Study of European Ideas, Bergen, Norway (2000),
- World Millennium Forum of University Professors, Rome, Italy (2000),
- VI Conference of the International Society for the Study of European Ideas, Haifa, Israel (1998),
- XX Congress on History of Sciences, Liege, Belgium (1997),
- “Trends in the scholarship”, Institute for Advanced Studies in Humanities And Social Sciences (NIAS), Royal Academy of Sciences, The Netherlands (1995),
- 2006 – 2015 - Professor of History and Philosophy of Science Dept. , Institute of Philosophy, Russian Academy of Sciences – part-time.
- 2009–2012 – Visiting Professor at Orenburg State University -part-time.
- 2006–2011 – Professor of Philosophy at Russian State University for Humanities, Social Philosophy and Phenomenology Dept., – part-time
- 2002–2005 – Professor of Theoretical Sociology at Russian State University for Humanities, Sociology Dept.,
- 2005–2006 – Professor of Philosophy at British–Kazahkstan University (Almaty) - full time,
- 1998–2001 – Professor of Philosophy at Moscow State Institute for Electronics and Mathematics (Technical University) – part-time,
- 1992–2002 – Professor of Philosophy at Moscow Lomonosov State University, Philosophical Anthropology Dept. (Deputy Chair) – part-time,
- 1979–1990 – Professor of Philosophy at Moscow Engineering-Physics Institute- full time
Teaching Activity at present:
- Since 2001 – Professor of Philosophy at State Academic University for Humanities and Social Sciences (SAUHSS). Since 2015 - Social Philosophy Dept. Chair - part-time,
- General Course in Philosophy for High Schools’ Institutions (Moscow Engineering-Physics Institute, Moscow State Institute for Electronics and Mathematics, British- Kazahkstan University),
- Philosophical Anthropology (Moscow Lomonosov State University),
- Social Philosophy (State Academic University for Humanities and Social Sciences),
- Theoretical Sociology (Russian State University for Humanities, Sociology Dept., British- Kazahkstan University),
- Phenomenological Sociology (Russian State University for Humanities),
- Methodology of Social Analysis (Russian State University for Humanities),
- History and Philosophy of Science (Institute of Philosophy, Russian Academy of Sciences, History and Philosophy of Science Dept.)
| Scientific Supervisor:
- Zaitsev I. D. defenced his Ph.D thesis: “Intersubjectivity as the Problem of Social Philosophy” – Institute of Philosophy, Russian Academy of Sciences (2008).
- Alekseev A.U. “Computer Metaphor: philosophical and anthropological Analysis” – Moscow Lomonosov State University (2004),
- Ledeneva E.V. “Constitution and Deconstruction: Comparative Analysis of Husserl’s and Derrida’s Conceptions of Language” at Moscow Lomonosov State University (2003).
Research Projects supported by Foundations (individual or chaired only):
- 2015-2019 – “Epistemology of Creativity: Cognitive and Sociocultural Dimentions” – Chai
- 2013-2015 – “Phenomenology of Meaning: Cognitive Analysis”. Chair of the project.
- 2010–2012 – “Intersubjectivity as the Problem of Social Epistemology” – Russian Foundation for Humanities. Chair of the project.
- 2005–2007 – “Phenomenological Epistemology in Trans-Disciplinary Researches” – Russian Foundation for Fundamental Researches. Chair of the project.
- 2003–2005 – “Phenomenological Sociology in the Study of Contemporary Society” – Russian Foundation for Humanities. Individual project.
- 1996–1998 – “Social Metaphysics and Phenomenology of the “Natural Attitude””. The Open Society Institute – Soros Foundation. Individual Research Support Scheme RSS N 979/1996.
- 1994 – “New Trends in Social Sciences’ Methodology” – The Open Society Institute – Soros Foundation. ZZ/5000/412 (1994).
|Research Projects at Present:
- 2020-2022 – “Contemporary Trends in Human and Social Sciences’ Development in the Context of Digitization Processes and the New Social Challenges: Interdisciplinary Approach” (№ 075-15-2020-798) – collective project.
Total amount of publications: 287
- Natalia M. Smirnova. Meaning and Creativity. – Moscow, Canon+ , 2017. – 304 p.
- Philosophy of Creativity. 3nd Issue. Creatitity and Human Life-World (Smirnova N.M., Beskova I.A. – eds). – Moscow, IIntell, 2017 -382 p. Preface, Summary – p. 7-12, 381
- Philosophy of Creativity. 2nd Issue. Cognitive and sociocultural dimensions (Smirnova N.M., Maidanov A.S. – eds). – Moscow, IIntell, 2016 -314 p. Preface, Summary – p. 7-15, 133.
- Smirnova N.M., Gorelov A.A., Morkina J.S. Creativity, Meaning, Interpretation. – Moscow, IPH RAS 2016 – 139p.
- Smirnova N.M., Beskova I.A., Maidanov A.S. Language, Meaning, Creativity. – Moscow, IPH RAS 2015 – 141p.
- Smirnova N.M. Methodology of Socio-Humanitarian Cognition. – Moscow, Humanitarian, 2011.- 48 p.
- Smirnova N.M. Social Phenomenology in the Study of Contemporary Society. – Moscow, Canon+ , 2009. – 400 p.
- Smirnova N.M. Bogolubov L.N., Lazebnikova A.U. (eds). Social Science. Textbook for secondary schools. – Moscow, Public Education, 2007 – 415 p.
- Schutz A. Selected papers. ( Smirnova N.M.: editing, composition of volume, translation, afterword). – Moscow. Rosspen, 2004.- 1055 p.
- Cooley Ch. H. Human Nature and the Social Order. (Smirnova N.M.: editing, translation, Preface). – Moscow, Idea-Press, 2001. – 275 p.
- Smirnova N.M. From Social Metaphysics to Phenomenology of the “Natural Attitude”” –Moscow, IPH RAS (ed.). 1997.- 220p.
Contribution to Encyclopaedias:
- New Philosophical Encyclopaedia. Moscow, Thought, 2000-2001: Anthropocentrism (Vol.1. P.142-143), Historicism (Vol.I1. P.175-176), Life-World (Motroshilova N.V., co-author, Vol.1I. P.28-29), Social subject (Vol.II1. P.661-662), Ethnomethodology (Ogurtsov A.P., co-athor, Vol. IV. P. 484-485).
- Encyclopaedia of Epistemology and Philosophy of Science - Moscow, Canon+, 2009:
- Congruency of the perspectives (p.114), General Thesis of Alter Ego’ existence (p. 131), natural attitude (p. 224-225), meaning sedimentation process (p.254), idiographic method (p.270-271), phenomenological sociology (p. 925-926), social distribution of knowledge (p. 915), finite province of meaning (p.1089), ethnomethodology (p.1179-1180), relevance phenomenological (p.816-817).
- Encyclopaedia of Globalization. Moscow, Raduga, 2003: Modernity.
Research Articles in Journals (2015-2020):
- Smirnova N.M. Phenomenological Hermeneutics Searching for Cognitive Synthesis // Voprosy Filosofii (Questions of Philosophy). 2020 № 12. P. 93—10;
- Smirnova N.M., Schtikov D.R. Ontological Status of Socio-Cultural Objects as the Subject Matter of Phenomenological Critique (A. Schutz, R. Ingarden) // Philosophical Journal, 2020 vol. 13. № 4 .P. 89-101;
- Smirnova N.M. Socio-humanitarian Knowledge: Peculiarity or Knowledge of Foreign Nature? // Philosophy of Science and Technology, 2020, vol. 25, № 2. P. 7-10, 26-27;
- Kniazeva E.N., Kuznetsov V.N. Smirnova N.M., Tulchinsky G.L. Does the Limits of Methodological Convergence of Natural and Social Sciences Exist? Discussion. // Philosophy of Science and Technology, 2020, vol. 25, № 2. P. 23-27;
- Smirnova N.M. Philosophical Thought of Russia in the Second Half of the XX Century: Problems and Discussions // Voprosy Filosofii (Questions of Philosophy). 2019 № 10. P. 154-164.
- Smirnova N.M. Human Being in Culture (Reflections upon V. Lectorsky’s monograph Human Being and Culture) // Voprosy Filosofii (Questions of Philosophy). 2019 № 1. P. 68-77.
- Smirnova N.M. Meaningful Dimensions of Human Subjective Reality // Human Being, 2019. vol. 30. № 3. P. 38-49.
- Smirnova N.M. Remembering V. S. Stepin // Human Being, 2019. № 2. P. 86-89.
- Smirnova N.M. Co-Evolution of Science and Culture in V. Stepin’s Works. (Round Table’s Discussions) // Philosophy of Science and Technology (Filosofiya nauki I tekhniki). 2019. Vol.. 24. №1. P. 7-45/30-32.
- Smirnova N.M. Self and Other: Sliding Boundary in Phenomenology of Intersubjectivity // International Journal for the Study of Culture. Saint-Petersburg №2 . vol.35. 2019 P. 40–52 https://culturalresearch.ru/ru/archives/162-2-35-2019
- Smirnova N.M. The Epistemic Preconditions of Philosophical Analysis of Creativity //Voprosy Filosofii. (Questions of Philosophy) 2018. Vol. 11. P. 65–75
- Smirnova N.M. Cognitive implications of phenomenological constructivism // Philosophy of science and technology (Filosofiya nauki I tekhniki). Moscow, 2018, vol. 23, № 2, P. 10-13
- Stepin V.S., Smirnova N.M., Sineokaya U.V. Does the methodological isomorphism between natural and social sciences exist? // The Philosophy Journal (Filosofskii zhurnal) 2018 Vol. 11№ 3. P. 150-165
- Smirnova N.M. Imagination and creativity: Cognitive analysis // International Journal Socio-Humanitarian Review (IJSHR). Moscow, 2018 №3 p. 12-21
- Lectorsky V.A., Pruzhinin B.I.,Ivanov D.V., KarpenkoA.S., Levin G.D., Mamchur E.A. Pirozhkova S.V., Rodin A.V., Smirnova N.M., Trufanova E.O., Chertkova E.L. “Realistic Turn” in contemporary epistemology, philosophy of mind and philosophy of science?”- Tound table discussion. In: Voprosi Filosofii (Questions of philosophy) 2017. № 1. C. 5-38.
- Smirnova N.M. From the study of mass-consciousness to the method of biographical narration: creative biography and research program of N.N. kozlova’s reconstruction – In: Russian State Univ. for Humanities’ Bulletin: Psychology, pedagogic and education. 2016 №2 (4). P. 9-17;
- Smirnova N.M. New mark in collaboration of Russian and Kazakh philosophers – In: Bulletin of Russian Philosophical society, 2016.№ 1. P. 102-105;
- Smirnova N.M. Alexeev A.U. The first all-Russian scientific conference “Philosophy of Creativity” (Moscow, 8-9 April, 2015) – In: Philosophy of science and technology, 2016. №1. P. 188-199;
- Smirnova N.M., Nurisheva G.J. Philosophy, scientific social knowledge and human life-world – In: Al-Farabi, Almaty, 2015, №4 (52). P. 3-17;
- Smirnova N.M. Alexeev A.U. The first all-Russian scientific conference “Philosophy of Creativity” (Moscow, 8-9 April, 2015) – In: Russian scientific foundation for humanities’ bulletin, 2015 №3 (80). P. 216-221.
Contribution to research books published (2015-2020):
- Smirnova N.M. The Concept of Creativity in the Context of Contemporary Epistemology // Creative Human Being: Philosophy and Psychology of Creativity. International interdisciplinary collective textbook / M. Le Chanceaux, I. Sokolovskaya, eds. – Moscow, Enciklopidist-Maximum, 2020. P. 8-16;
- Smirnova N.M. Philosophical and Methodological Analysis of Creativity Processes / Philosophy of Creativity. VI Issue // Smirnova N.M., Beskova I.A., eds. . – Moscow, Vox (Golos), 2020. P. 7-24;
- Smirnova N.M. Human Being in Reflection of Personal Experirnce: Cognitive and Sociop-Cultural Dimensions. International interdisciplinary collective textbook / M. Le Chanceaux, I. Sokolovskaya, eds. – Moscow, Enciklopidist-Maximum, 2020. P. 61-70;
- Smirnova N.M. Educational Strategies in Scenario Approach’s Paradigm / High Education in the Modern World: History and Perspectives. International interdisciplinary collective textbook / M. Le Chanceaux, I. Sokolovskaya, eds. – Moscow, Enciklopidist-Maximum, 2020. P. 134-141
- Smirnova N.M. Philosophical Hermeneutics in Historical Types of Rationality // Hermeneutics Tradition in Russia: Actual Contexts and Contemporary Problems / Pruzhinin B.I., Schedrina T.G., - eds. Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, Belgorod: Print 2019. P. 119-137.
- Smirnova N.M. Civilization Dimensions of Contemporary Socio-Cultural Transformations // Russia and Turkey: Dialogue of Philosophers / Chernyaev A.V. – ed. Moscow, Gnosis, 2019. P. 227–242.
- Smirnova N.M. Meaningful Dimensions of Socio-Cultural Spaces of Creativity. Preface to the Vth Edition // Philosophy of Creativity. Vth Edition / Smirnova N.M., Beskova I.A. – eds. Moscow, IInteLL, 2019. P. 5-18.
- Smirnova N.M. Rationality of Social Knowledge: Cognitive Normativity and Interpretation’s Strategies. // First Readings in memory of V. Stepin: Contemporary Stage of Scientific Development and the Crisis of Technological Civilization. P. 55-58 https://iphras.ru/uplfile/root/news/archive_events/2019/5_6_11/1_Stepinskiye.pdf
- Smirnova N.M. Civilisation’s identity as methodological problem of socio-philosophical analysis // Voprosy socialnoy teorii. Nauchniy almanach. Moscow, IPH.RAS, 2018. Vol. X. p.59-68
- Smirnova N.M. The Concept of Meaning as Reflection of methodological practices. // Voprosy socialnoy teorii. Nauchniy almanach. Moscow, IPH.RAS, 2018. Vol. X. p.25-37
- Smirnova N.M. Images of Creativity in the variety of socio-cultural practices. Preface to edition // Philosophy of Creativity. 4nd Issue. Images of Creativity in the variety of socio-cultural practices. /Smirnova N.M., Beskova I.A. – eds. – Moscow, IIntell, 2018.P. 7-20
- Smirnova N.M. Materialistic interpretation of history’s theory formation as a strategy of creative thinking // Philosophy of Creativity. 4nd Issue. Images of Creativity in the variety of socio-cultural practices. /Smirnova N.M., Beskova I.A. – eds. – Moscow, IIntell, 2018. P.37-44
- Smirnova N.M. How interdisciplinary model of intersubjectivity is possible? // Epistemology today. Ideas, problems, discussions / Kasavin I.T., Voronina N.N – eds. Nizhniy Novgorod, Nizhniy Novgorod’s University edition, 2018. p. 247-261
- Smirnova N.M. Humanities facing “naturalistic challenge”: http://rshps.ru/books/congress2018t5.pdf
- Smirnova N.M. Philosophical Metamorphosis of Meaning in historical Types of Hermeneutics // Philosophy of Creativity. 3nd Issue Creatitity and Human Life-World /Smirnova N.M., Beskova I.A. – eds. – Moscow, IIntell, 2017. P. 48-84.
- Smirnova N.M. Cognitive Chellenges of Naturalistic Evolutionism // Perspectives of realism in contemporary philosophy/Lectorsky V.A. – ed. – Moscow, Canon+, 2017. P. 353-376.
- Smirnova N.M. Heuristic Power of Phenomenology for Contemporary cognitive Sciences // Subjective World in the Context of Chellenges of Contemporary Cognitive Sciences / Lectorsky V.A., Trufanova E.O., Jakovleva A.F. – eds. Moscow, Akvilon, 2017. P. 58-70.
- Smirnova N.M. Philosophy of Artificial Intelligtnce and Phenomenology: Complementary Research Strategies // Studies of the Conference in Artificial Intelligtnce / Lectorsky V.A., Dubrovsky D.I., Allexeev A.U. – eds. Moscow, InteLL, 2017. P. 136-153.
- Smirnova N.M. Epistemology of the Life-World: heuristic Power and Cognitive Limits // Voprosi socialnoj teorii (Questions of social theory) /Reznic U.M. – ed. Moscow, IPH RAS, Vjl. IX, 2017. P. 246-254.
- Smirnova N.M. Philosophical Creativity as Subject Matter’s Transformation: Socio-Philosophical Implications of Transcendental Phenomenology. – In: Philosophy of Creativity. 2nd Issue. Cognitive and Sociocultural Dimensions /Smirnova N.M., Maidanov A.S., eds. Moscow, IIntell, 2016. P. 39-58;
- Smirnova N.M., Zotov A.F. Philosophical Creativity in the Context of Phenomenological Tradition of XXth Century’s European Philosophy. – In: Philosophy of Creativity. 2nd Issue. Cognitive and Sociocultural Dimensions /Smirnova N.M., Maidanov A.S., eds. Moscow, IIntell, 2016. P. 16-38;
- Smirnova N.M. Creativity as Innovative Complexity. - In: Creativity as National Elements. The Meaning of Creativity: Innovation and Dasein. St.-Petersburg, 2016. P. 127-134;
- Smirnova N.M. A. Schutz. World, illuminating by Meaning. – In: Anatomy of Philosophy: How the Text works / Sineokaja U.V., ed. Moscow. Languages of Slavic Cultures, 2016. P. 729-746;
- Smirnova N.M. Creativity as the Process of New Meanings’ Constitution. – In: Philosophy of Creativity /Smirnova N.M., Alexeev A.U., eds. Moscow, Iintell, 2015. P. 63-77;
- Smirnova N.M. The Concept of Communicative Complexity in (Post)nonclassical Paradigm of Rationality. – In: Innovative Complexity /Knyazeva E.N., ed. - Moscow, Aleteia, 2016. P. 268-295;
- Smirnova N.M. Choice and Creativity. – In: Human Being before the Choice in Contemporary World: Problems, Possibilities, Decisions. / Kiseleva, ed. In 3 vols. Vol. 1. Moscow, IPH.RAS. 2015. P. 42-47;
- Smirnova N.M. Heuristic Power of Metaphoric Meaning. – In: N. Avtonomova’s Philosophical Toposos. Moscow, Rosspen, 2015. P. 203-220;
- Smirnova N.M. Conceptual Projections of Relativism: Cognitive Analysis. – In: Relativism as Disease of Contemporary Philosophy /Lektorsky V.A., ed.. Moscow, Canon+ , 2015. P. 61-75.
Contribution to Analecta Husserliana:
- Natalia Smirnova. A. Schutz’s Contribution to Phenomenological Theory of Intersubjectivity - Analecta Husserliana. LXXIX. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2004; P.P. 313-321;
- Natalia Smirnova. A.Schutz’s Conception of Relevance And Its Influence on Social Philosophy. - Analecta Husserliana XCI, Springer, 2006. Printed in the Netherlands P.P 203-217;
- Natalia Smirnova. The Social Construction of The Self: Contribution of Social Phenomenology. - Analecta Husserliana XCIV, Springer, 2007. P.P. 435-449.
- Augustinus A. De dialectica / Neretina S., ed. // Transl. from Latin into Russian: Neretina S. (head), Guseva A, Kniazeva E, Lubimova T.,Morkina J., Paramonov A., Smirnova N., Strugovschikova U. / Neretina S, Preface. // Vox. 2016. № 20. URL: http://vox-journal.org
other publications see here
Main results (resent)
- Methodological presumptions of creativity’s study within the framework of constructive realism’s, bodily oriented approaches’ and post-nonclassical hermeneutics’paradigms have been investigated. Transcendental-phenomenological approach to meaning-constitution subjectivity’s evolution in the modern post-nonclassical hermeneutic has been elucidated. Ontological status of sociocultural subjects in post-husserlian phenomenology has also been investigated. It has clearly been demonstrated, that intentional stratum of ideal subjects of culture’s depreciation paves the way to the reduction of naturalistic style (2020).
- Meaningful dimensions of human subjective reality and sociocultural spaces of creativity as well as the limits of meaning-constitution process in phenomenology of intersubjectivity have been examined. Philosophical matters’ transformation of the meaning’s content in historical types of hermeneutics has clearly been demonstrated (2019).
- Cognitive presumptions of creativity’s analysis as meaning-constitutive human activity within the paradigm of phenomenological constitution and post-modern deconstruction have been examined. Meaning-analysis as ideal subject matter of epistemology in hermeneutical practices’ reflection allows to elucidate their relevance not only to historical types of rationality in social cognition, but also to the relevant culture universals (2018).
see other results