Department of Philosophy of Islamic World
The Department was founded in February 2008.
Head of the Department – Full Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, DSc in Philosophy Andrey Smirnov.
Deputy Head of the Department – Research Fellow, PhD in Philosophy Yulia Fedorova.
Main Fields of research:
- architectonics of Arab-Muslim culture
- history of Islamic philosophy
- modern and contemporary Islamic philosophy
- Sufi thought and Sufi philosophy
- Jewish philosophy and Kabbala
- Andrey Smirnov, Full Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, DSc in Philosophy, Head of the Department.
- Sergey Boroday, Research Fellow.
- Konstantin Burmistrov, PhD in Philosophy, Senior Research Fellow.
- Yulia Fedorova, PhD in Philosophy, Research Fellow, Deputy Head of the Department.
- Evgenia Frolova, DSc in Philosophy, Leading Research Fellow.
- Tatiana Korneeva, PhD in Philosophy, Research Fellow.
- Andrey Lukashev, PhD in Philosophy, Senior Research Fellow.
- Ilshat Nasyrov, DSc in Philosophy, Leading Research Fellow.
- Faris Nofal, Research Fellow.
- Alexandra Smirnova-Smolyaninova, Laboratory assistant with higher education.
- "Ishraq" Islamic philosophy yearbook, published in 2010-2022 by the Institute of Philosophy (Moscow), Institute of Philosophy (Tehran) and Ibn Sina Islamic Culture Reasearch Foundation. Published articles in Russian, English and French.
Books already published: please refer to the Books page. More info, including full-text downloadable publications – at Russian Book page.
Other publications: for detailed lists of individual publications, including online texts, please refer to Personal pages of our Researchers.
Conferences organized by our Department: info at Conference page.
Workshop "Architectonics of culture": info at Russian page.
More info: please refer to the Russian page.
Address: Goncharnaya 12/1, Moscow, 109240, Russian Federation
Tel.: +7 (495) 697-96-96
Fax: +7 (495) 609-93-50
Web: http://iph.ras.ru/islamphil.htm (Russian)