Department of Philosophy of Islamic World
The Department was founded in February 2008.
Head of the Department – Full Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, DSc in Philosophy Andrey Smirnov.
Deputy Head of the Department – Research Fellow, PhD in Philosophy Yulia Fedorova.
Main Fields of research:
- architectonics of Arab-Muslim culture
- history of Islamic philosophy
- modern and contemporary Islamic philosophy
- Sufi thought and Sufi philosophy
- Jewish philosophy and Kabbala
- Andrey Smirnov, Full Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, DSc in Philosophy, Head of the Department.
- Sergey Boroday, Research Fellow.
- Konstantin Burmistrov, PhD in Philosophy, Senior Research Fellow.
- Yulia Fedorova, PhD in Philosophy, Research Fellow, Deputy Head of the Department.
- Evgenia Frolova, DSc in Philosophy, Leading Research Fellow.
- Tatiana Korneeva, PhD in Philosophy, Research Fellow.
- Andrey Lukashev, PhD in Philosophy, Senior Research Fellow.
- Ilshat Nasyrov, DSc in Philosophy, Leading Research Fellow.
- Faris Nofal, Research Fellow.
- Alexandra Smirnova-Smolyaninova, Laboratory assistant with higher education.
- "Ishraq" Islamic philosophy yearbook, published by the Institute of Philosophy (Moscow), Institute of Philosophy (Tehran) and Ibn Sina Islamic Culture Reasearch Foundation. Publishes articles in Russian, English and French.
Books already published: please refer to the Books page. More info, including full-text downloadable publications – at Russian Book page.
Other publications: for detailed lists of individual publications, including online texts, please refer to Personal pages of our Researchers.
Conferences organized by our Department: info at Conference page.
Workshop "Architectonics of culture": info at Russian page.
More info: please refer to the Russian page.
Address: Goncharnaya 12/1, Moscow, 109240, Russian Federation
Tel.: +7 (495) 697-96-96
Fax: +7 (495) 609-93-50
Web: http://iph.ras.ru/islamphil.htm (Russian)