In Memoriam: Vadim M. Mezhuev
17.12.1933 – 09.04.2019
Philosophy, Faculty of Philosophy, Moscow Lomonosov State University, 1956
Doctor of Philosophy
Scopus Author ID: 26034470900
e-library SPIN: 5849-4707, AuthorID: 251136
- Wo Lijie De Makesi. Běijīng: Rénmín chūbǎnshè, 2013. (Marx against Marxism). Beijing, "People's Publishing House", 2013. In Chinese lang.
- History, Civilization, Culture: the Experience of Philosophical Interpretation. St. Petersburg.: 2011. 440 p.
- Marx against Marxism: Article on unpopular theme. M. Cultural Revolution, 2007. 176 p. Modern Knowledge of the Culture. SPb., 2008.
- The Idea of Culture. Essays on the Philosophy of Culture. Moscow, 2006.
- History of Cultural Studies (co-authored, 2006)
- Philosophy of Culture: the Era of Classics (2003)
- From the Philosophy of Life to the Philosophy of Culture (2001)
- Between Past and Future (1996)
- Spiritual Production (co-authored, 1981)
- Culture and History (1977)
- Is the philosophy of history needed today? // Chelovek. 2018. №6. P.69-97. DOI: 10.31857/S023620070002346-7 (co-authored with Krzhevov V.)
- Dialogue of civilizations or the dialogue civilization? // Polylogos. 2018. Vol 2. № 1(3). DOI: 10.18254/S0000030-5-1
- Philosophy as an Ideology // The political conceptology: journal of metadisciplinary research. 2018. № 1. P. 49-56. DOI: 10.23683/2218-5518.2018.1.4956
- Hermeneutics as a method of the humanities (Friedrich Schleiermacher and Wilhelm Dilthey) // History. Semiotics. Culture: proceedings of the international scientific conference dedicated to the 250th anniversary of Friedrich Schleiermacher / resp. ed. I. V. Demin. Samara. 2018. P. 8-22.
- Law and national traditions. The materials of the «round table». Discussants: A. A. Guseynov, V. S. Stepin, A. V. Smirnov, G. A. Hajiyev, N. S. Bondar’, E. Yu. Solovyov, V. M. Mezhuev, P. D. Barenboim, V. V. Lapaeva, S. L. Chizhkov // Voprosy Filosofii. 2016. Vol. 12. P. 5-41.
- N.M. Karamzin and P.Y. Chaadaev. Two approches to russian history — historiographical and historiosophical // Nikolai Karamzin and the historical destiny of Russia. To the 250th anniversary of the birth / Common. ed. and comp. A. A. Kara-Murza, V. L. Sharova, A. F. Yakovleva. Moscow, 2016. P. 115-134.
- Reply to Critics // Epistemology & Philosophy of Science. 2016. № 1. P. 62-66.
- History in the Mirror of Philosophy // Epistemology & Philosophy of Science. 2016. № 1. P. 25-36.
- Civilization or civilizations? : Debating the notion of civilization // Knowledge. Understanding. Skill. 2016. № 2. P. 40-52.
- National interest as a cultural issue // Russia in global affairs. 2015. №3. P. 52-63.
- Humanism and modern civilization // Place and role of humanism in the future civilization. M .: LENAND, 2014. P.35-57.
- From the philosophy of the period of "thaw" to the philosophy of the period of "stagnation" // Problems and debates in the philosophy of Russia of the the second half of the twentieth century: a modern look. M., 2014. Pp 42-58.
- State and Culture in the Democratic perspective // Bulletin of Moscow State University of Culture and Arts. M., 2014. № 2. P.26-37.
- The place of culture in Marxism // E.V. Ilyenkov: dialectics and Culture (90-th anniversary). Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference ("Ilyenkov's reading"). M., 2014. P.13-18.
- Talk with V.M.Mezhuev // Problems of Philosophy. 2014. № 2. Pp 30-41.
- History as a philosophical problem // Problems of Philosophy of Culture. Issue 2. M .: Institute of Philosophy, Russian Academy of Sciences, 2014. Pp 3-28.
- Freedom in the socio-historical perspective // The Road to Freedom. Critical Marxism: theory and practice of social liberation. Collective monograph . M., LENAND, 2013. P.10-37.
- On the possibility of democratic opposition in modern Russia // "State. Society. Management ". Collection of articles. Moscow: Alpina Publisher , 2013 . S.431 -448.
- From the philosophy of the period of "thaw" to the philosophy of the period of "stagnation" // Political Conceptology. 2013 ( January-March). Internet edition in Russian and English lang. P.72 -82.
- Humanism and modern civilization // The Man (Chelovek), 2013. Number 2, pp. 5-13; № 3.
- Collective portrait of Alexander Zinoviev. Responses to the questionnaire // Problems of Philosophy. 2013 . Number 2. pp. 11-12.
- Is there matter on Mars? // Alternatives. 2013. Number 2. P.94-101.
- My answer to A.Maydanskij // Alternatives. 2013. Number 2. P.108-115.
- The Idea of World History in the Doctrine of Karl Marx // Russian Studies in Philosophy. 2012. Vol. 51. №2 . P. 9 -44. (In English. Lang.)
- Culture in the mirror of philosophy (chapter from the book "The idea of culture") // World Philosophy, 2013 . Number 2 . Pp. 109-116. ( In Chinese lang.).
- Values and meanings of modern culture // The current state of culture and society: features and prospects of Russia. M., Publishing House of Moscow University for the Humanities, 2013 . P.3-21.
- Philosophy of Culture in the system of modern knowledge about the culture // Problems of Philosophy of Culture. M,. IPH RAS, 2012. P.3-16.
- Who needs philosophy today and why? // Philosophical magazine. 2012 . Number 2 ( 9). P.5- 16.
- Humanities and Education // Sociology of Education. M. , 2012 . Number 1. Pp. 4-16.
- National Culture // "Sociocultural Anthropology: History, Theory, Methodology". Encyclopedic Dictionary. M. , 2012. Pp. 688-694 .
- Culture in the era of globalization // In. "Sociocultural Anthropology: History, Theory, Methodology". Encyclopedic Dictionary. M. , 2012 . Pp. 726-733.
- Cultural background of Russian modernization // Collection of scientific articles "Modernization of Russia : informational, economic, political, socio-cultural aspects." M. , 2012 . Pp. 17-27.
- Mind and mentality (to the question of the relationship between intellectual and spiritual ) // Personality . Culture . Society. 2012. T. 14. Issue 3. Pp. 285-292.
- K.M.Kantor - a man and a philosopher // Problems of Philosophy. 2012. Number 12.
- Philosophy and "public space" // Electronic Journal "Political Conceptology". Rostov-on-Don, 2012. Number 2, pp. 50-61 (in Russian and English Lang.).
- Culture in the mirror of philosophy // "Philosophy - Philosophy of Culture - Culturology: new watersheds and prospects for cooperation". Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference ( 7-9 April 2011). M. , 2012 . P.68 -77.
- Philosophy as a cultural phenomenon // Actual problems of modern cultural knowledge: global world in a cultural dimension". Reports and materials of the Scientific Conference 27.03.2012 Moscow - Lyubertsy. 2012 . Pp. 12-20 .
- Dialogue as a Way of Intercultural Communication in the Modern World // Problems of Philosophy, 2011. No 9. S. 65-73.
- Is There a Crisis of the Left Idea? // Alternative. 2011. No 3. P. 64-66.
- The Idea of Universal History in the Teachings of Karl Marx // Logos. 2011. No 2. P. 3-36.
- The Answer to My Opponents // Logos. 2011. No 2. P. 54-61.
- Russian Modernization and Culture // Culture of Informational Society and the Problems of Russia's modernization: Proceedings of the conference. M., 2011. P. 3-15.
- Russian Modernization and Culture // Philosophical sciences (Philosophskie nauki). 2011. No 1. P. 18-31.
- "Russian idea" in the European Context // Where Leads the Crisis of Culture? Experience of Interdisciplinary Dialogues. M., 2011. P. 427-497.
- "Russian Idea" and Civilizational Features of the Russian World // Russian World as a Cultural Space. M., 2011. P. 9-49.
- The theory of Cultural Revolution as the Future // Lenin online: 13 professors about Vladimir Ulyanov-Lenin. M., 2011. P. 149-165.
- Ewald Ilyenkov and Merab Mamardashvili: from the Philosophy of the Period of "Thaw" to the Philosophy of the Period of "Stagnation" // Merab Mamardashvili: "To be a Philosopher is a Fate ...": Proceedings of the International Conference. "Merab Mamardashvili: Contribution to the Development of Philosophy and Culture" (Moscow, December 9-11, 2010). M., 2011. P. 73-85.
- Global and Local in Contemporary Culture // Russia in the Dialogue of Cultures. M., 2010. P. 5-35.
- The State as a Work of Art // Philosophy of Law at the Beginning of the Twenty-First Century in the Light of Constitutionalism and Constitutional Economics. M., 2010. P. 304-306.
- Ideology and Science // Alternatives. In 2010. Number 2. P. 102-111.
- Ideology and Science // Man in the Intellectual and Spiritual Space. M., 2010. P. 219-232.
- Conservatism and the Present // Conservatism / Traditionalism: Theory, Forms of Implementation, Perspective: Proceedings of the permanent scientific workshop. No. 3. M., 2010. P. 44-48.
- Marxism and Utopianism (thought about the book T.I.Oyzerman) // Russian Philosophy Continues: from the XX-th to the XXI-st century. M., 2010. P. 105-138.
- On the Way to the Universal Civilization // Eternal and Transient in the Cultural Heritage of Russia. M., 2010. P. 3-48.
- On our Constitution // Philosophy of Law at the Beginning of the Twenty-First Century in the Light of Constitutionalism and Constitutional Economics. M., 2010. P. 69-78.
- What Solidarity We Can Not Refuse? // Solidarism Ideology and Philosophy: Proceedings of the permanent scientific workshop. No. 9. M., 2010. P. 64-67.
- The Purport of Culture is Self-Creation of a Man // (Znanie – Sila) Knowledge is Power. 2010. No 6. P. 30-36.
- Socialism is the Space of Culture // Socialism and Communism: Theory, Current Status, Futurist Projection: Proceedings of the permanent scientific workshop. No. 2. M., 2010. P. 43-117.
- The Fate of National Cultures in the era of globalization // Philosophy in the Dialogue of Cultures: materials of the World Philosophy Day. M., 2010. P. 377-382.
- Philosophy as a Self-Consciousness of a Man in Freedom // The Ideas and Ideals. Novosibirsk, 2010. No 3 (5). P. 53-61.
- Time and Eternity // Time of the End of Times. Time and Eternity in Modern Culture: Proceedings of the meeting of the philosophical club. M., 2009. P. 50-63.
- Speech at the Round Table // Social and Cultural Features of Russian Modernization. Discussion: Materials of the Round Table held by the Institute of Contemporary Development in conjunction with the Moscow office of the Kennan Institute. May 26, 2009. Moscow. P. 64-74.
- Global and Local in the Modern World // Transformation of Culture in the Global Informational Space. M., 2009. P. 44-62.
- State and Culture // Law and Culture. M., 2009. P. 72-88.
- State and Culture in the Future Democratic Development of Russia // Cultural Transformation in Russia: Socio-Philosophic Analysis. M., 2009. P. 15-38.
- The report and presentation at the International Conference // Ethnology, Cultural Anthropology: New Dividing Lines and Prospects for Cooperation. M., 2009. P. 70, 80-82, 106-108, 113, 123-129.
- Search for a Common Path to the World of Human Unity // Russia and the West. Proceedings of the permanent scientific workshop. M., 2009. Number 7. P. 79-87.
- From the "Stagnation" to a "Standstill" // The USSR. Stagnation. M., 2009. P. 317-324.
- Perestroika, as Seen Today // Break to Freedom: On the Perestroika: twenty years later, M., 2009. P. 243-248 (in English.).
- Russia in Search of its Civilizational Identity // In Search of the Theory of Russian Civilization: in memory of A.S.Ahiezer. M., 2009. P. 150-183.
- Russian (national) Idea as a Civilizational Choice of Russia // Proceedings of the permanent scientific workshop. Number 2. M., 2009. P. 72-91.
- Freedom as a Value // Alternatives, 2009. Number 4. P. 5-6.
- Socialism - a Cultural Alternative to Capitalism. Marx Was Not a Socialist, But a Communist (speech) // The Economic Theory of Marxism and Modernity: Proceedings of the permanent scientific workshop. M., 2009. Vol 1. P. 37-50, 207-212.
- Socialism - the Space of Culture // Socialism: 14 texts of post-Soviet school of critical Marxism. M., 2009. P. 113-164.
- So, What is Communism? // Marxism. Alternatives of the Twenty-First Century. The debate in post-Soviet school of critical Marxism. M., 2009. P. 158-165.
- The Lessons of Liberty Had Not Yet Learned // Znanie Sila (Knowledge is Power), 2009. Number 11. P. 43-51.
- E.Sepir about Real and Imaginary Culture // Political Philosophy Yearbook. Vol 2. M., 2009. P. 115-129.
- The Time of Labour and Time of Freedom // Personality. Culture. Society. Moscow, 2008 Global and Local in the Modern World // Globalism and Civilizational Identity of Russia: Proceedings of the permanent scientific workshop. No. 2 (11). Moscow, 2008
- State and Culture: Theoretical Background of Cultural Policy // Management consulting. St. Petersburg., 2008. Number 1
- Civil Society and Contemporary Russia // Problems of Russian Consciousness: Proceedings of the conference. Moscow, 2008.
- Humanities and Humanitarian Education // The Theory and Practice of Culture. Almanac. Issue 6. M. 2008.
- Solving Social Problems of the XXI-th century - Socialist Alternative // Proceedings of the 1-st International Socialist Forum. Moscow, 2008
- Speeches at the club, "Free Speech" // Free Speech. Intellectual Chronicle. Almanac 2007/2008. Moscow, 2008
- The Cultural Function of Philosophy // Philosophical sciences. 2008. Number 1.
- The Russian Intellectual in the Era of Art Nouveau // Personality. Culture. Society. Vol. 3-4 (42-43). Moscow, 2008.
- Russia and Europe: is the Dialogue Possible? // Personality. Culture. Society. Vol. 1 (40). Moscow, 2008
- The Socialist Perspective of the XXI-st Century and the World of Culture // Proceedings of the 1-st International Socialist Forum "Sustainable Development of the International community in the XXI-st Ccentury – a Socialist Strategy." Moscow, 2008
- Philosophy in the Modern Culture // The Philosophical Journal (Philosophski Journal). 2008. Number 1
- Humanitarian Science and Ideology // Russian Humanitarian Science: Genesis and State: Proceedings of the Permanent Scientific Workshop. M., 2007. Number 2.
- The Priorities of Cultural Policy in Terms of Market Reformation // Socio-cultural Development of the Region in the Conditions of Implementation of the Administrative System. Moscow - Vladimir, 2007.
- The Combination of the Mind with the Spirit - the Way to Universal Human Unity // Christian Civilization: a System of Basic Values. World Experience and Russian Situation: Proceedings of the regular seminar. 2007. No. 3
- On the Civilizational Identity of Russia // Index. 2007. № 25.
- Russia and Europe: is the Dialogue Possible? // Observatory. M., 2007. № 2-3.
- Russia and Europe: is the Dialogue Possible? // Problems of the Russian Consciousness. Moscow, 2007.
- Socialism - the Space of Culture (one more time about the socialist idea) // Knowledge. Understanding. Skill. 2007. № 1.
- Financing of the National Culture - a Direct Obligation of the State // Culture and cultural policy. No. 4: Culture and economy: the search for the new models of interaction: Materials and papers. XIV-th scientific methodological seminar. Moscow, 2007
- Dialogue among Civilizations and Russia // From the Dialogue of Civilizations for Cooperation and Integration. Outline of problem analysis. Moscow, 2006 (in Russian and English Languages)
- Cultural History (co-authored with A.Ogurtsov, S. Neretina, F.T.Mihaylov Moscow, 2006 Culture as an Activity (From the History of the National Culturology) // Personality. Culture. Society. M., 2006. T. VIII. No. 1 (29)
- From the Dialogue of Civilizations to the Civilization of Dialogue // Cosmopolis. M., 2006.
|Participation in the work of scientific conferences
- Report "The problem of culture in Marxism" at the International Conference "Dialectics and culture." Moscow, April 13, 2014
- Freedom as a social value. Report at the conference at the Moscow School of Social and Economic Sciences.
- XXI International Symposium "Roads of Russia" "The new old order - the eternal return"? (21-22 March 2014). Report "Freedom in the context of the past, present and future of Russia."
- Values and meanings of contemporary culture. Report at the International Scientific Conference "Contemporary state of society and culture: features and prospects of Russia." Moscow University for the Humanities ( Moscow, May 28, 2013 ).
- Freedom as a social value. Report at the workshop "Law, Politics, Economics, the Media." Moscow School of Civil Education (Golitsino, 27.07.2013 ).
- Report "From the philosophy of the period of "thaw" the philosophy of the period of "stagnation" at the International conference "Problems and discussions in Russian philosophy of the second half of the twentieth century: a modern view" (Moscow , 20-22.09.2012).
- Report "Philosophy and journalism in the era of mass media" at the National conference of the Union of Journalists of Russia (October 2012 . Turkey . Antalya).
- Report at the meeting of the Council on national cultural policy at the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation "The ways of improving the efficiency of state cultural policy in modern conditions: the legislative and administrative aspects" (04.02, 2011).
- Report "Culture in the mirror of philosophy" at the International Scientific Conference " Philosophy - Philosophy of Culture - Culturology: new watersheds and prospects for cooperation". Moscow, 7-9 April 2011.
- "Report "Time and Eternity in contemporary culture" at a meeting of the Moscow-Petersburg Philosophical Club, 2010.
- Report "The Russian idea" at the Scientific Conference "Russian national idea" (November 12, 2010, Moscow).
- Report "Postmodernism as a cultural reality" at the scientific session of the Presidium of RAS, 2009.
- Section report "The fate of national culture in a globalized world " on Likhachev Readings "Dialogue of Civilizations" in St. Petersburg, 2009.